1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Greedfall

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by AmazonQueen, Aug 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Anyone interested in this?

The mechanics look fairly standard (map compass like Skyrim, tactical pause like DAI etc) but the background is different, supposedly a lot of lore, character customisation, and choices with consequences.

2. sherbz

sherbz Chieftain

This is another game i think looks pretty good from this developer. I have also heard really good things about Plague tales. But im sort of waiting for a sale. My back catalogue is getting ridiculous again :cringe:

AmazonQueen likes this.
  3. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Yes Plague Tale looked pretty good but not really my sort of game.
    Spider aren't a big studio so it probably won't be as flash as something from an AAA studio but it looks pretty nice.

4. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

Very intriguing, alas Spiders has a well deserved reputations for poorly realized good ideas.
    Maybe this is going to be their first really good game ? I hope so.

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I've been keeping an eye on this one. It's on my list.

6. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

7. GoodSarmatian

Oh, it's coming out next week. I somehow thought it's September 2020.
    Bummer. That's too close to The Outer Worlds. I really want both games to be good and succesful but I'll only one this year.

8. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Since I don't use Epic I won't see it till next year and Bloodlines 2 is the game I'm really looking forward to next year.

9. GoodSarmatian

I don't like the exclusivity either, but I already have the Epic launcher installed to mess around with the engine and because they keep giving games away.

Cyberpunk 2077 also comes out next year. Strange that we get so many RPGs of that type in such a short time.

10. sherbz

sherbz Chieftain

Haha - me too. Ive spent literally nothing on the store so far yet have a library of 6 games i got for free - the best of which is enter the gungeon. Although world of goo isnt too bad. I also got Torchlight but not played it yet.

11. sherbz

sherbz Chieftain

This guy is pretty trustworthy when it comes to reviews. And his view is that Greedfall is a "no". Or at least its not "that good". I guess its one to consider if theres a sale.

12. GoodSarmatian

I've seen a few other reviews that were far more positive.
    Currently it's 77% and 7.x at metacritic.
    It all comes down to what you value in a game and what flaws you're willing to tolerate.
    What concerns me most are bugged quest triggers. If they patch those before The Outer Worlds comes out I'll get Greedfall. If not, I'll still probably get Greedfall later next year.

13. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

I've been enjoying it so far.
    Thanks to work I've not played much but there are a lot of sidequests, mostly with more than one way to solve them, the factions aren't black and white and have their own divisions, and the combat (at Normal difficulty) is reasonably challanging for me.
    I've played 2 hours and not made it to the ship that takes you from Serene yet.