Greek communication thread

donsig

Low level intermediary
We have rec'd news from yet another country. Anyone care to volunteer to be ambassador to the Greeks? Here is our first message from them:

My name is classical_hero and I am your ambassador.

Our teams are the last to be in contact with each other and we would
like get or teams talking because two teams with a goal is better than
one team working by itself.

The weather in Athens is absolutely perfect, I do hope that in dancing
Banana that it is fine also.

You can contact me via PM or via IM. Here are my various chat personas
AIM:classicalhero7
MSN: classical_hero7 at hotmail dot com
YAHOO: classical_hero7 at yahoo dot com

So we have met all the other teams at last! This should be good! I volunteer to be the ambassador to the Greeks. I do know a thing or 2 about them. ;)

What I think we should cover in our first letter: We should be nice and start trading relations. MIA likes us more than KISS, so maybe we should tell them about the Dougnut war. Now before you call me crazy, we could try to spin it that D'nuts "prompted" the war. This could get us a valuable ally.

I think it would be a good idea to see about trading masonry for writing. Our talks with the Galls on this seem to have stalled. Write up a proposed reply greekguy and post it for us to see.

Alright, here goes. Feeback would be appreciated.

Greetings Greeks! We, the strong people TNT, are very happy to meet you. We would like to share the fruits of this world with you and enjoy its bounties. Now, to get off on a good foot, I would like to propose a trade deal between our two nations. We are currently lacking the knowledge needed to build great buildings, Masonry. If you were to teach our engineers these valuable secrets, we would be willing to teach your people how to write. I believe this trade to be just and fair. Please respond soon. Farewell.

greekguy, TNT Greek Ambassador

None of the other teams have masonry yet. I'm pretty vague on the relative costs of each tech. What might be a fair swap for masonry? I'm thinking the wheel would be very good to have. It would help us against the Iroqi if we knew where the horses were.

Can we play up the fact that no one else knows masonry and get a bit of a premium for it from the Greeks?

Masonry would cost them 102g to research; the wheel would cost us 68g, warrior code would cost us 51g, ceremonial burial would cost us 34g, writing would cost us 137g.

I think having a monopoly should increase the value of a tech (perhaps not double the value as it would to the AI). Certainly we can remind them that we can get the techs we want somewhere else, so we'll want the best deal.

Is it also a fair assumption that they can figure out just what you've figured out TimBentley? If so then we all know that their wheel plus their ceremonial burial equals our masonry. Since we're giving away a monopoly tech we can ask for warrior code as well which is half of what our masonry is worth. In return for the premium on the bonus tech we can promise not to trade masonry to anyone else. We let them sell it to recoup their premium and we stay nice and friendly with them.

An alternative deal would be writing and ceremonial burial for masonry but I'd say the wheel is more important to us right now.

I think we should get a reply out to them soon with a concrete tech proposal before someone learns masonry on their own.

Alright, here goes again. Feeback would be appreciated!

Greetings Greeks! We, the strong people TNT, are very happy to meet you. We would like to share the fruits of this world with you and enjoy its bounties. Now, to get off on a good foot, I would like to propose a trade deal between our two nations. We are currently lacking the knowledge needed to read and write, Writing. If you were to teach our people these valuable secrets, we would be willing to teach your people how to build great buildings with Masonry. You should realize that these secrets are known only to us Persians and only you are being offered this trade deal. I believe this trade to be just and fair. Please respond soon. Farewell.

---------------------------------------------
i decided to stick with the original deal of writing for masonry. however, if you guys would rather go with a different deal just say so.

It looks fine to me, I say go ahead with it.

Well, as I posted earlier perhaps the wheel and ceremonial burial and warrior code for masonry would be a better trade than writing for masonry. Except for the exact trade proposal the wroding is fine.

Do we need to poll the different trade options before we send this message or can we reach a consensus through discussion?

donsig said:
Do we need to poll the different trade options before we send this message or can we reach a consensus through discussion?

We really need to decide what a consensus is, but I'll agree to almost anything as long as it's not stupidy driven. Althought, tech wise (at this point of the game) the only thing stupidy driven is not trading anything at all.

In other news, I just learned that your suppose to eat Beef Stew with bread. That's a new one for me.

I changed the tech deal, because it looks like you guys want that deal. Should I send this one?

Greetings Greeks! We, the strong people TNT, are very happy to meet you. We would like to share the fruits of this world with you and enjoy its bounties. Now, to get off on a good foot, I would like to propose a trade deal between our two nations. We are currently lacking the knowledge needed to accomplish several basic things. We seek the knowledge needed to create "wheels", the wisdom of ceremonial burial, and the words of the "Warrior Code" If you were to teach our people these valuable secrets, we would be willing to teach your people how to build great buildings with Masonry. You should realize that these secrets are known only to us Persians and only you are being offered this trade deal. I believe this trade to be just and fair. Please respond soon. Farewell.

I'm all for sending this one.

@ Strider: I'm not sure how to define a concensus but I know one when I see one. It would help if you posted your thoughts on what we should get in return for masonry.

@ everyone else: I guess this goes for everyone else, too. Our team forum has been very quiet since Provolution went AWOL. This is your team, too. Stop lurking and start posting some opinions!

Alright, the message in post #14 has been sent to MIA Ambassador classical_hero.

The Greeks now have masonry so our trade offer is moot. KISS and the Doughnuts still do not have masonry and none of them have math. So we could still make a run for the Statue of Zeus.

Dear TNT

It was exciting to hear from your great peoples ... exciting yet
strangely confusing.

You indicated a willingness to trade Masonry for Warrior Code, Wheel
and Ceremonial Burial. You also proudly informed us that TNT were the
only team thus far to have this knowledge, your Trade advisor would
have informed you prior to approach that we already had Bricks and
Mortar. However since your approach, and unless you are trying to dupe
us, D-Nuts only very recently must have popped a Hut.

We can only assume that you ment to say Mathematics ... we would like
clarification ... if you indeed made a mistake then that would explain
much.

If the deal proposed is Mathematics for the 3 stated technologies ...
then we are agreed and will send the documents for your signature.

Please respond

Classical_Hero - TNT ambassador
Feaurius III - Acting Foreign Minister (AIM - fe3333au)

OK, we need to formulate a reply. Personally, I'm not too keen on trading math away. Can someone post the current values of these techs? I doubt the Troq popped a hut and got masonry. MIA got it the turn after we sent our message and they most likely sold it to the Iroqi. Can we tell MIA we're at war with Iroq?

First posted in the wrong (Gall communication) thread. Tim Bentley posted the research costs in that thread.

So, can KISS and MIA tell we're at war with the donuts from their F4 screen?

donsig said:
So, can KISS and MIA tell we're at war with the donuts from their F4 screen?

Well they both have writing, right? So if they both do, they can build embassies. If they built and embassy with Doughnitia, then they know we are at war with them.

greekguy said:
Well they both have writing, right? So if they both do, they can build embassies. If they built and embassy with Doughnitia, then they know we are at war with them.

Anyone know the MTDG rules about this? Can we tell KISS or MIA about our war even if they don't have an embassy with us or Team Doughnut? Admins and lurkers feel free to reply. :)

Top Bottom