1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Line across center of SCreen

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Alkara, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Alkara

Alkara Chieftain

I just got a new computer and while I try to play Civ IV I'm having a green line from the very beginning appear and in the game it just wont go away anywhere. I have 2 Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX 256 meg cards in SLI mode. Does anyone know what it could be?

2. Alkara

Alkara Chieftain

Bleh doesnt anyone know? Someone said it might be my SLI trying to render top and bottom screens? But I dont know how to disable SLI.. so annoying.

3. Beardface2

Beardface2 Chieftain

Howdy!

Green lines = nice rig!

Seriously, it is all to do with your SLI set up on your cards and means you have "show GPU load balancing" ticked in the properties.

To switch it off, right click on desktop, go to properties, go to the settings tab. Then click advanced and go to the Geforce XXXX tab. In here go to SLI multi-GPU and it is the second option. Untick it and your green lines will dissapear :)

I had same problem for my new Alienware Rig ;)

P.S this won't disable SLI as you want to keep it on as better performance (so make sure the "Enable SLI multi-GPU" is kept ticked!)

4. Alkara

Alkara Chieftain

Um.. I love you :blush: That fixed the problem up. This whole new technology has me starstruck. I went from a 1.2 amd athlon with 512 megs to a Amd X2 64 4.8 with 2 gigs of memory. From a Geforce FX 5700 Ultra, to Two Geforce 7800 GTX 256meg cards in SLI. So you can understand my stupidity. Thank you so much for helping me, I appreciate it.

5. Beardface2

Beardface2 Chieftain

no problemo!