Greetings from Apolytonia!

Edrix

Chieftain
Greetings, fine citizens of Phoenatica. I come bearing gifts of bananas and gold. Please don't consider this a formal embassy, as I care not to meddle in affairs of state. Rather, just consider this a greeting from a traveller. :)
I do agree with the sentiment that more contact should be made between the two forums, and so I post this greeting. I see that you are far more advanced than us. It's a shame that we can't trade technology, what with our nations being on different planets. ;)
I invite any of you to come and visit Apolytonia. Just go easy on our board, as we have no subforums. Hopefully our two nations can cooperate together to build a better global community. Or, at the very least, a better Civ3 Web Community. :goodjob:

Greetings Edrix!

On behalf of Phoenatica I encourage you to attend (via SETI radio) our Grand Banquet in Asphinxia. Our people would love to hear about your world! It's a darn good thing we decided to build the SETI thing so we can communicate!

I shall encourage our people to build a great spaceship so Phoenatics can actually go and visit your world! :)

Your people are very accomodating, and I do so enjoy these "spices" that you seem to have in abundance. While your people have already bridged the large gap separating our two nations, mine have yet to communicate (at least in this forum). Perhaps it's due to the fact that we have yet to discover "SETI", as you call it, or perhaps they just need more persuasion. :)
Anyway, how did you guys decide to use the 1.29 patch? We've had some difficulty in trying to decide whether to use it or not, because of the incompatability it would have with other users (mostly those who haven't gotten the patch yet in Europe and Asia). Ultimately, we decided it wouldn't be fair to those users if we went ahead and implemented 1.29 in our saved games.
I've also noticed (at least when first viewing the forum) that you don't have political parties, which probably helps to streamline your government's decisions and actions. We've had two parties (the United Front Coalition [UFC] and the Democratic Industrialists of Apolytonia [DIA]) come into existence so far, and many have gotten tired of party politics and gone independent due to the bickering and mud-slinging. Hopefully that's not much of a problem here.
I hope that we soon get an actual embassy up and running in Phoenatica, and that contact increases even further. :goodjob:

Political parties are strictly banned here in Phoenatica. We have citizen groups, or places where citizens can lobby for certain things.

On the 1.29 patch, our esteemed military advisor had installed it, without realizing he had to play that night. Thinking he had unistalled it, he played the game, with the result that it was then version 1.29.

Edrix: you see how fast things can change.

I, as the attachee of the phoenatican embassy in apolytonia, also encourage you to visit one of our fine vacation resorts in delphi county.
We even founded a national park lately, but the thread for it is still under organization.

I would also be please to see you move your embassy to delphi (did you already state where it is located?).

Greetings to mighty Phoenatica from the Apolytonian Minister of Imperial Expansion. Our young empire has a lot to learn from yours, and I hope one day we will be as powerful and prosper as you are. And I'm sure, we'll have a nice PTW duel in the future, with the support of both site admins. :goodjob:

Originally posted by Edrix

I've also noticed (at least when first viewing the forum) that you don't have political parties, which probably helps to streamline your government's decisions and actions. We've had two parties (the United Front Coalition [UFC] and the Democratic Industrialists of Apolytonia [DIA]) come into existence so far, and many have gotten tired of party politics and gone independent due to the bickering and mud-slinging. Hopefully that's not much of a problem here.

Well, I'm not so sure our government is streamlined. Mud-slinging is certainly not a problem here. We found we could do it quite well even without political parties. :lol:

We did have turn chat issues and Public Investigations in Term 3... Want us to throw in a few lessons on vetos? ;)

Or the naming of Provinces? If your not careful, you too may end up accidentally naming yours after a race of savage horsemen who lived in the Asian steppe, who alledgely drank the blood of their enemies and wore their kills skins...

Greetings edrix! welcome to the planet of earth!
i do believe we could trade technologies....we need space ships...
in fact, you government officials here on earth should promote that! we could export spices and increase trade beyond the universe! We could even send some citizens to colonize in your world!
-Raven1er, Citizen of Delphi

Greetings fellow Phoenaticans !
As Apolytonia's minister of the Economy, I'm extremely pleased with our two nations making contact to each other. We have much to learn from you, and you have much to learn from us.

For example, how do you organize your exchanges of money ? You seem to use strange hides with numbers written on it (I heard some of your people referring them as "banknotes"). Don't you fear people cheating by carving bigger numbers on these hides ?
In Apolytonia, we trade the goods we want with other goods. Sure, our philosphers think of somthing, like using stones to trade for things, but I doubt it will be a succes : wherever we try this, people boast their stone is more valuable than the other's, and everybody claims he's richer than the neighbour. They eventually fight, and the winner gets the goods of the vanquished, and throws the stones away.

Anyways, there are so many wonderful things to discover here that I'm very thrilled !

Welcome to our planet!

I hope we will futher develop our relationship (even if it is via SETI) and that someday we will be able to live in one planet, and play on it too!.
What's life like in your planet? what sort of cultural events do you have? what are your holidays?

Ehecatl Atzin

Originally posted by Edrix

Wow, no kidding!! I've been having a look around your nation and it seems that there are some people more interested in complaining about the last election than anything else! Things also move really fast without subforums, it's hard to keep track, but I like the faster pace! Sounds like you've been having trouble keeping officials too. Lucky for you, most of them seem to resign, our just dissapear!!

Oh, the bananas are lovely, quite a treat for the Governor of a desert province (albeit a wonderful desert province).

Originally posted by Spiffor
Greetings fellow Phoenaticans !
As Apolytonia's minister of the Economy, I'm extremely pleased with our two nations making contact to each other. We have much to learn from you, and you have much to learn from us.

For example, how do you organize your exchanges of money ? You seem to use strange hides with numbers written on it (I heard some of your people referring them as "banknotes"). Don't you fear people cheating by carving bigger numbers on these hides ?
In Apolytonia, we trade the goods we want with other goods. Sure, our philosphers think of somthing, like using stones to trade for things, but I doubt it will be a succes : wherever we try this, people boast their stone is more valuable than the other's, and everybody claims he's richer than the neighbour. They eventually fight, and the winner gets the goods of the vanquished, and throws the stones away.

Anyways, there are so many wonderful things to discover here that I'm very thrilled !

We have these things called "computers", and the hides, as you call them, are scanned by this computer. We figured out a way to harness the power of the sun (light), and the power of a thunderstorm (electricty). Inside these computers is a maze of copper, a well known material on your planet as well. This maze of copper can look at the hide, and see if it contains a special code, which can't be reproduced. That is how it works.

Greetings from the Domestic Department. We're glad to see you've learned how to work the magic of radio. Please drop by, if you're ever in the neighborhood.

I, chairman of the Apolyton Hawk Party extend a handshake to you fine Phoenatic(an?)s

Political parties are not so bad. They allow citizens with the same views to work together to further their cause.

Chieftess :
Things are getting always more cloudy... You mean a maze of copper gets to decide the value of hide with the power of the sun and thunder ? What kind of gods do you worship ? Who could ever have such an idea ? :crazyeye:

Top Bottom