1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Grid Lines

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by Mack the Knife, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Chieftain

before you throw me out on my ear for having played neither of the previous incarnations of this game :D, let me ask a quick question. i'm playing around in the tutorial and i want to turn off the dang grid lines. Ctrl-G doesn't do it. Ctrl-G does it in a regular game but not in tutorial mode. is this a bug, a feature, or am i doing something wrong? thanks for any help...

2. Cunobelin Of Hippo

Cunobelin Of Hippo Site Pachyderm

Perhaps it's a permanent setting so the newbies :D can't complain that they can't find the right square to move their units into.

I'd just live with it until you're ready for a "real" game ;) Welcome to the site.

3. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Chieftain

you're probably right, can't have us neophytes griping any more than normal. thanks!

4. Spiderine

Spiderine Chieftain

I'm not in tutorial, and I can't turn off the dang grid lines!!! Ctrl+G does not work! Is there a way to fix this?

5. deanstow

deanstow Chieftain

The control G works fine for me. You might try and see if you have your caps lock on. Also, you might try tapping the alt and shift keys in case they are stuck. I have seen this work for regular windows programs and it might work for you.

Good luck
    :enlighten

6. CrayonX

CrayonX Ray of Sunshine

Hi there, I'm new to the forum, pls be nice. :crazyeyes

Civ3 - great game! My issue is that I tried to turn off the grid with CTRL-G, with and without capslock. There is a menu option "Grid" under "Map", which I tried, but the grid remains?

7. CrayonX

CrayonX Ray of Sunshine

Took out some TSRs, I'm okay now.

crayonx