Grigori Hero

StormbringerGT

Chieftain
Okay so I'm playing as the Grigori and I got an adventurer. I upgraded him to a warrior (not much of an upgrade but its the beggining of the game). He stopped getting XP at 100.

However I cannot get above 100, I've been figthing with him, defeinsive battles and offensive battles and his XP won't budge. Is this by design?

You only gain xp past 100 by fighting against non-barbs.

barbs stop giving you xp at 100

Okay so I'm playing as the Grigori and I got an adventurer. I upgraded him to a warrior (not much of an upgrade but its the beggining of the game). He stopped getting XP at 100.

However I cannot get above 100, I've been figthing with him, defeinsive battles and offensive battles and his XP won't budge. Is this by design?

Any unit can't go above 100xp from fighting barbarians.

EDIT: Ninja'ed :p

This is determined by the
Code:
    <Define>
        <DefineName>FREE_XP_MAX</DefineName>
        <iDefineIntVal>100</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>
in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

I usually increase it to at least 500 or so. If you make it -1 then your heroes should keep getting xp indefinitely.

If you don't want to risk that -1, put 10000 there and you will have every promotion before you hit it.

If you don't want to risk that -1, put 10000 there and you will have every promotion before you hit it.

If you have the patience to play 10,000 turns of a game that is :D

Yeah but isnt that cheating? Also won't that out of sync a multiplayer game?

So I stop getting exp from barbs eh? Too bad for me I picked barbarian world...

And this is the biggest reason (IMO) why HN units rule. They can easily continue to get massive amounts of xp without the diplomatic repercussions of war.

And this is the biggest reason (IMO) why HN units rule. They can easily continue to get massive amounts of xp without the diplomatic repercussions of war.

I agree EXCEPT for the ungodly number of turns damaged HN units (especially poisoned ones) take to heal. ;)

I really wish the Raiders trait was the old Raiders trait where you could exceed the 100 XP limit. Valor comes much later in the game and Great Commanders can be few and far in between. I often have a number of units stuck at 100 XP that go on killing barb units (including the Four Horsemen) and get nothing. :(

That's why you want to bring your Grigori Medic promoted Flesh Golem with HN along for the ride. The two Shadows (not heroes, just regular Shadows promoted from some found Lizardmen) and the Flesh Golem ran rampant through several empires and cut probably about 50 turns off of the time I needed to win the game.

I had no idea that Shadows were so amazingly good until I noticed that Invisible doesn't go away when you attack. You only lose the Hidden promotion when you attack.

Also, for all of the people who complain about Nox Noctis, go build a couple of Hidden Nationality Assassins or even Rangers while you are waiting to tech your way to Shadows and you can attack your neighbors with impunity as long as you have an avenue to retreat back to home territory. Even if you don't have a path back home, you can hide your nationality on one turn and then attack on the next turn and declare nationality while you're still in the neighbor's territory. It takes a little longer, but it's still quite effective.

One final thought: Grigori heroes are born to become Archmagi, not puny little axemen and such.

Top Bottom