[GS] GS - Great People

LethalLeigh

Prince
I might have missed this but I did not see if any new Great ppl have been added in GS either to current eras or the new future era. Or if current GP are changed in any way.
I was just wandering if someone could enlighten me on this?

I imagine the Great scientists tied to the Science victory will have to change.
I would not be surprised if some changes are made for diplomatic favour with some Great People, they did change some for loyalty.
It would just about make sense to have great diplomats but they do not seem to be there and as there are no diplomatic CS then probably not.
I can guarantee you they will have changes to some great engineers, If they do not change Nikola Tesla to have something to do with electricity it would be a travesty, if anyone was shocking, it is him.

However, I cannot slot the enlightenment card for you.

I have not seen any significant changes to GP. There are no new people added, still run out in information era, but I can keep an eye out for it.

These are unchanged. Keep in mind the they are still tweaking things and the press build is already out of date.

I have not seen any significant changes to GP. There are no new people added, still run out in information era, but I can keep an eye out for it.
No future era Great People? What a wasted opportunity! But I guess that means that every Information Age Great Person will appear in each game. How boring!

Who to choose for the future era GP though?

No living people, that's for sure.
Dead people, on the other hand, don't really qualify as 'future' celebrities.
I‘d go wild and invent people, personally. As long as the abilities are fine, it would work imho. You could still invent funny civilopedia entries for these people if necessary.

I‘d go wild and invent people, personally. As long as the abilities are fine, it would work imho. You could still invent funny civilopedia entries for these people if necessary.
Or take people from fiction. Such as Zefram Cochrane. :D

I'll pretend you didn't imply Cochrane was a fictional character.

I think GS GP got a little bit of discussion on the Phoenician livestream. I believe it was said that they found it hard to place more modern GPs due to estates, families still within the same business (politics), copy rights/licencing , and (possibly) reputation factors.

I'm not sure fictitious famous characters would've flown far with this community as Civ is "grounded" loosely in history (Oh, it smacked me right in the immersion!).

I think there's some rules against that tbh.
I think they have to get permission from their survivors though I don't know how long it lasts (it was a whole controversy with the Fred Astaire dancing with vacuum cleaner commercial).

Though they have Carl Sagan in there, so maybe not.

Edit: From some more reading - I think you are fine using a famous person as long as they aren't "fictionalized". So adding Steve Jobs as a Great Merchant it Steven Hawking as a Great Scientist - with a factual blurb - is fine. Adding someone like Trudeau senior as a leader could be akin to making him a "character" and could potentially get them sued by Trudeau junior.

Top Bottom