1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

How apt :D

Jkchart, Elhoim, Pietato and 8 others like this.
  2. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I'm having fun trying to maximize Great People points. The most boring thing in my game is sitting on a pile of Diplo Favors, waiting for the diplo victory votes to kick in. Diplo victory need more active, diplomatic ways to get diplo points, so you feel more free to spend favors when you want to and so you have an alternative to the sit and wait approach. More projects with a variety of activities that give points would be nice.

Myomoto likes this.
  3. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Deity

How.... how does that work? :confused:

P. S. Haven't played the game yet.

4. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Jam's Difficulty Mod

5. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

How does the balance of this feel? How does it compare in challenge to the game's difficulty?

6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

A Marae, Kupe found Antarctica... I guess each ice tile counts as +6 appeal for all coast.

CivLuvah likes this.
  7. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

That Hungary levy thing:

8. DrJambo

DrJambo Crash-test dummy

Two games played so far. Both times all city states were clumped together.

9. redfox85

redfox85 Chieftain

I had a Canadian playthrough with disasters set to 4 that in a matter of 5 turns:

a) Had a megaclossal eruption bring a 10 pop city to 3 ... and it was 2 tiles away. Kinda apt it was from the Tseax Cone (it's a volcano in Canada that killed over 2000 aboriginals in the 1700s.)
    b) Had a Tornado family land right on top of my Capital.. and next turn it wiped out.. completely gone .. 8 farms. That brought my 15 pop down to 11.
    c) Had a Haboob Dust storm wipe out numerous farms and bring a 12 pop city to 10.

City's B and C where my powerhouse cities. Luckily my start had numerous geothermal fissures and mountains. Was getting +5 to +8 adjacency without Natural Philosophies I also noticed that Hurricanes always formed in the same area .. and always headed in the same direction. I think they need X number of ocean tiles to form.

Pietato and Myomoto like this.
  10. DrJambo

DrJambo Crash-test dummy

Yep, my last game had no barbs. At least I didn’t encounter any.

Fluphen Azine likes this.
  11. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

I try to answer this, though I had only 1 complete game with it and have to take the other mods into account, too - like the longer eras...

I play quick speed on small high seas continents map with 6 GS civs and 4 CSs

Ancient era was 40 turns, and Classical and Medieval was also ca 40 - now I have Educaton and Renaissance has just begun in AD 1200.
    I now have a much better Hungary game, with Akkad levy help I have just wiped out 3-city Ottomans and have about a total of 10 cities.
    Other civ on my continent is Sweden, Kristina has lots of pikes...

12. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

It would be nice if Canada started near tundra to take advantage of its UA.

Karmah, redfox85 and Victoria like this.
  13. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

One thing I enjoy on the diplomatic victory is that I feel free to develop my Civ anyway I want. I don't have to spam any district, I don't have to focus on science, culture or faith, I don't have to build an army. As long as I keep allies and generate envoys, I can play anyway I want. Other victories are flexible to some point but diplomatic is the mother of flexibility. As long as you play to the strength of your Civ, any strategy goes.

Jkchart, Pietato, Kjimmet and 6 others like this.
  14. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

Did you happen to make the great work on the turn you sold it? That's been a bug since forever where the AI will give you almost anything.

Pietato, Zaarin and Victoria like this.
  15. Mojo85

Mojo85 Warlord

I hate that we finally have the production queue we've wanted but its implemented so terribly. So many clicks, should be ongoing always instead of hidden in the production menu itself.

Infixo likes this.
  16. CornPlanter

CornPlanter Emperor

The hole UI is some kind of huge misunderstanding. It's very hard to describe it accurately without being extremely offensive towards developers so I won't even try. But everyone's looking forward to community UI mod update to make this game playable.

17. bbbt

bbbt Deity

I wouldn't call it 'terrible' but it certainly lacking in some respects. It looks great, and the 'multicity' approach is awesome. I'd love for refinements

- "Sort by production" as well as name/population
    - Being able to add 'future' buildings if the predecessor is in the queue but isn't built yet (i.e. be able to add a campus, library, university in one go if you have the required technology ala the prod queue mod)
    - I'd love it to stay open as a default when you reopen a city if you left it open previously. In general I'd love the city screens to stay open after purchasing as well. I.e. currently if I'm going through the queue, I figure out I want to say just purchase something, I switch to the purchase menu and boom it closes out everything after purchase.

Pietato likes this.
  18. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

New discovery: you can farm a volcanic tundra tile.

Jkchart, Meluhhan, Kjimmet and 5 others like this.
  19. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

IMO either let Diplo voting start earlier, or indeed add more ways to obtain it. As of now, if you are a runaway civ, then it feels like an even bigger "click next turn" simulator than SV...

Myomoto likes this.
  20. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Collectors always want first editions.