Guantanamo Bay detainee commits suicide

Life must suck when you decide that Hell is better than Guantanamo.

While they may be able to play soccer and have ice cream, that doesn't change the fact that they are being held without trial, which is unconstitutional.

The threat to American Democracy doesn't come from these detained individuals [Being fair, I'd say that half of them are actually involved in terrorist activities], it comes from American politicians voting away the constitution in the name of safety and security.

I'm amazed at the 'true patriots' of the Republican party who are so eager to destroy the democracy they claim to be so bravely protecting.

Habeas Corpus doesn't interfere with the ability to determine if an individual is a terrorist or not.

While they may be able to play soccer and have ice cream, that doesn't change the fact that they are being held without trial, which is unconstitutional.

The threat to American Democracy doesn't come from these detained individuals [Being fair, I'd say that half of them are actually involved in terrorist activities], it comes from American politicians voting away the constitution in the name of safety and security.

I'm amazed at the 'true patriots' of the Republican party who are so eager to destroy the democracy they claim to be so bravely protecting.

Habeas Corpus doesn't interfere with the ability to determine if an individual is a terrorist or not.

Guantanamo bay sounds more like a place where president bush makes muslims "disappear"

Tell me,have any been released based on inside inquiries conducted by the intelligence officials that say that we have detained the wrong person due to some manipulation of our intelligence gatherings of our sources(warlords or people seeking to fraud us for money)?

Link
At its peak in the spring of 2003, Guantanamo held about 680.

Link
April 20, 2005
The release brings the total number of detainees to leave Guantanamo Bay to 232

Ten char

Again, can you give me:

a)A definition of "terorrist"

Were you born yesterday?

and
b)evidence this guy was?

Odds are if he was in Gitmo, he was rounded up on the battlefield of Afghanistan, and with that being the case, he would be a terrorist.

I don't know - I haven't seen anywhere in this thread where it was reported that a terrorist died.

Considering that we apparently find it appropriate to hold people for over five years with no charges, I'd be interested to know just how long the administration's apologists think that it should take to level a case against someone. If the countless people involved in this can't manage to prove a single thing in five years, the default assumption is still to be "terrorist"??

If we held a random person in Gitmo for fifty years without leveling a single charge against them, would you still assume they were guilty simply because we abducted them in the first place?

They're not exactly "random" people.

Errr. Did you even watch this? If so, what leads you to believe that this was a suicide bomber? To me it looks like a truck or a vehicle of some type trying to drive past a checkpoint....NOT a suicide bomber attacking an FOB.

I mean really. I encourage everyone else to watch this as well. Does not look like a suicide bomber to me....does it to anyone else?

Is it just me or is one dead "terrorist" going to create more alive terrorists in the future?

If it isn't Guantanamo, just a normal prison with convicts of felony.

One day, in a prison cell, prisoners commit suicide.

What do you think?

The bad condition? The abuse? The prisoners were mental challenged at the start?

So it is in Guantanamo, don't bring political affiliation into technical issues!

Guilty unless proven innocent. The Amerikan way.

Funny though:
"The death came just days before two detainees - Salim Ahmed Hamdan, a Yemeni, and Omar Khadr, a Canadian - were due to face trial before a US military tribunal on charges of war crimes."

"Inmates at the Guantanamo Bay facility are not protected by the Geneva Conventions covering prisoners of war, the US says, as it describes them as "unlawful enemy combatants"."

Can anyone tell me what makes someone a lawfull enemy combatant?

I'm truly puzzled (natural state for me, don't worry :) )

Top Bottom