Guess quotes from video games!

H4run

Deity
Yo yo yo, I got a nice idea here!

Lets play Guessing a quote from video games' game!

So someone gonna quote a quotation from games, any games, and others will try to guess from which game the quotation come from.

I like the idea that other member can just keep posting quotations (the quiz) without waiting in a queue, so even though there are 1 or more quotation still left unanswered just keep it rolling and post your quotation for other to answer anyway!

The requirement is only one, yes only one, the quotation cannot be too general like "I really like the weather today", or "come, that's enough, lets go", it must be something distinguishable, or better unique.

Without further ado, I'll start with something simple.

"Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up."

When I say this, can you mentally listen the soundtrack and ambience? This is great game btw.

List of Quotes that haven't got the answer yet:

Spoiler :
"I'd hang that over my fireplace -- if I had a fireplace!"

"It's Howdy-Doody time kiddies, the Bad Man is here!"

"Under total surveillance there is no need to bear the price of maintaining one's identity. They simply live under the delusion of being an individual. What could be easier?"

List of quotes that already answered:

Spoiler :
Quotes
"Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up."

A
nswer
The original Morrowind ?

Q

All your base are belong to us, make your time. ;)

A

Zero Wing! :) I haven't played it obviously as well...

Q
I know your sister's name.
And rumors of her game.
I only rhyme
Bout half the time
Unless you do the same!

A

I'll give my answer before this sinks into oblivion. The game was Elder Scrolls: Redguard.

Q

"Still sane, Exile?"

A

From the text, I'd guess Path of Exile

Q

"What is a man?!! a miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk! Have at you!"

A

Symphony of Night!

Score so far:

@Snowygerry : 1
@Gelion : 1
@Akka : 1
@Farm Boy : 1

Last edited:
The original Morrowind ?

From the one and only Saint Jiub!

Another quotation from me:

"Everything has a price, even your life!"

edit: I want to have more fun than usual for this game, and add another quotation for anyone to guess, perhaps this going to be easy, but good quotation anyway!

"Every boss has a line to explain why he's special, why everyone gotta do what he says. Just figuring that out?"

Last edited:
Ok, not going to cheat, but I want to know what they are. ;)

I'll toss one in: "Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you".

Ok, not going to cheat, but I want to know what they are. ;)

I'll toss one in: "Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you".

that's a great quotation and very true, but I don't know what game has that.

Alright, I'll cheat, seems no one know the answers.

"Everything has a price, even your life!"

Warband, Mount and Blade, the standard threat of the bandit in Caldaria.

"Every boss has a line to explain why he's special, why everyone gotta do what he says. Just figuring that out?"

New Vegas, Benny.

You looking at my keys, stranger ?

Googling this, it seems this is a quotation from Mad Dog McCree, the One-Eyed jack, hehehe idk

"Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you".

I googled this, it seems like this is from Max Payne, played that game on game-center during high-school, but mostly never past the beginning. A great hype at that time, due to the Matrix-like movement.

Right, I'll add another one, this suppose to be easy, I wonder if anyone know this:

"The last Metroid is in captivity, the galaxy is at peace"

It was an arcade lightgun game in the early 90s - cutting edge game technology at the time :lol:

From the wiki link above :

However, this traditional light gun shooter gameplay is interspersed with "showdowns", which are fast draw duels that play the same as American Laser Games's later release Fast Draw Showdown. The arcade version is equipped with a specialized light gun which can detect whether or not the player had properly lowered the light gun at the beginning of the duel. Home versions of the game attempted to simulate this mechanic by having the player's gun unloaded at the beginning of the duel, and not allowing it to be reloaded until the same moment when the arcade version would allow the player to draw.

Last edited:
It was an arcade lasergun game in the early 90s - cutting edge game technology at the time :lol:

From the wiki link above :

However, this traditional light gun shooter gameplay is interspersed with "showdowns", which are fast draw duels that play the same as American Laser Games's later release Fast Draw Showdown. The arcade version is equipped with a specialized light gun which can detect whether or not the player had properly lowered the light gun at the beginning of the duel. Home versions of the game attempted to simulate this mechanic by having the player's gun unloaded at the beginning of the duel, and not allowing it to be reloaded until the same moment when the arcade version would allow the player to draw.

I was also playing quite amount of arcade game during 90s, but mostly 2d fighting and beatem up. One of the most earlier shooting arcade game I played was "Time Crsis"

Damn time crisis. Haven't heard that for a long time.

Those were the days.

"ACTION!"
"DANGER! DANGER!"
"RELOAD!"
"ACTION!"

Felt so real at that time.

I know this stuff, this is from a Japanese RPG right, it's so famous and quotation were very popular and used as memes back-then!

I like old memes. The crappy ones fade and leave behind gold.

Before this sinks into the second page, who's turn is it?

Before this sinks into the second page, who's turn is it?

You can freely add yours without waiting for a quotation to be answer, so please just keep adding the quotation!

Do you know the origin of this quotation? I've seen the meme, but haven't play the game:

You can freely add yours without waiting for a quotation to be answer, so please just keep adding the quotation!
Do you know the origin of this quotation? I've seen the meme, but haven't play the game:

Zero Wing! :) I haven't played it obviously as well...

I guess its my turn now:

And rumors of her game.
I only rhyme
Bout half the time
Unless you do the same!

Zero Wing! :)

@Farm Boy you got some answer here, is it right?

And rumors of her game.
I only rhyme
Bout half the time
Unless you do the same!

Part of this like a lyric of a song, another part is like poetry, the rest of it sound like a threat:

"hey I know about your sister and that little game she play, but I'm not threatening anyone here, mind you, I'm not even being serious, well unless you force me to"

Is the genre of the game is thriller or horror? I can imagine game like Clock-Tower can have a quotation like this.

Top Bottom