1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Guess the leaders traits

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Denkt, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

As we now know which leaders that will be in the game why not try to guess the leaders traits:

Henry IV: I think his trait will be the edict of Nates which give you the advantages of every religion in each your cities. As a leader he will likely be very diplomatic and avoid war if possible.

2. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

Gilgamesh: Gain +X culture in all cities for every DoF/Pact/Alliance you have with people you have went to war with.

3. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Alfonso of Kongo: Aims for religious victory. Builds many faith based districts. Probably gains some science benefits to go along with the religious benefits.

Tomyris of Scythia: Respects those who fight just wars, HATES those who invade with no cassis belli. Gains defensive bonus?

Jadwiga of Poland: Likes to make alliances and encourage friendly relations among all civs, but will also use alliances to defend against attacks. (Likely is some Civ bonus making players gain some benefit from allying with Poland).

Edit: Oops, thought this was an agenda thread.

4. Primacide

Primacide Settler

Emperor Nero of Rome:

Oh you just don't want to know...

5. Haig

Haig Deity

Barbarossa: Some sort of Crusade agenda and militaristic trait? Maybe even a knight UU..

6. BornInTheLoo

BornInTheLoo Warlord

Maybe some agenda against meddling with "his" city states, since he spent half his life subduing the city states on the Italian peninsula?

7. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Peace of the Land- seeks to ally with all city states on his continent, is angered when city states are drawn into war or attacked.

Maybe?

8. Ezumiyr

Ezumiyr Warlord

If it is Catherine de Médicis instead, it would be a Renaissance-oriented trait, like Patron of the Arts.
    Could also be diplomatic, since she appeased the protestant/catholic conflict in France.

9. Sonmi

Sonmi Chieftain

I'm not sure I'd call the events of the Saint-Bartholomew "appeasement".

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

So remember the Polish article from the late May press event where the author said he saw a Polish building (Sukiennice) in the game? I guess he was right.

11. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

So are we thinking Sukiennice is a wonder or that Cloth Hall is a market replacement?

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

That author said it was an economic building.

13. uhcougar31

uhcougar31 Chieftain

They've released all of the Leaders? Where is this? I've seen nothing other than the five initially shown.

14. HanNorwood

HanNorwood .exe

A screen shot from the video where Firaxis showed off their development team was found, and it has a poster on the wall with what appears to be 22 heads/images of leaders. So far we've identified all but 2 of them in the "All Leader Portraits" thread.

15. Sonmi

Sonmi Chieftain

All but three, I'd say.

B5, C5, and E1 are still uncertain.

16. HanNorwood

HanNorwood .exe

It looks like we've decided E1 is Philip. Of course, the presence of Isabella presents an issue there. :twitch:

17. uhcougar31

uhcougar31 Chieftain

I'm on it! Thanks!

18. eMeM

eMeM Chieftain

He also said he didn't play Poland and couldn't get any info about it from the devs, so either it was some kind of a bug that allowed him to see unique building from a Civ outside of the presentation roster (USA, China, Egipt, Japan) or sukiennice isn't a unique building.

19. altayrneto

altayrneto Prince

Jadwiga (Poland) - Bonus to missionaries and apostles (can spread religion faster). Agenda: Likes who follows the same religion, and try to convert who doesn't (don't necessarily dislikes them)

20. JtW

JtW Prince

Or he took some time going through the Civilopedia.

The Cloth Hall is definitely an interesting choice, although looking at Polish history as a whole, I think some form of Granary replacement would be more fitting. Polish economy depended on wheat exports to western Europe at the peak of its power.

Jadwiga was known for funding monasteries so she might have some bonus to religious building construction. If we go with altayrneto's idea, I would make it "religion spreads faster to allied civs" (given that Lithuania became Catholic under her rule).