Guess the Map VIII: Didn't Color the Island Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoreth

Blue Period
Ground Rules

One person will post a map, and everyone will try and guess what that map is representing. Once someone gets it right, they will post the next map. If they don't have a map/don't want to post one, then they can declare an open floor.

If a map is posted, and no one is able to get it right/the person who posted it hasn't told us if someone got it right after a bit of time (one to two days), then open floor will be declared. If you post a particularly difficult map that is not finished after three to four days, post larger and larger hints to speed along the process.

Also, if you are the first person to post on a new page, please re post the map unless you have customized display settings. The standard number of posts per page is 20. This is for the convenience of other users.

Here are the labeled islands of the Caribbean Sea, and the Pacific and Indian Oceans for reference.
Spoiler :

Furthermore, here are some blank maps:

Spoiler :

Spoiler Big :

Spoiler Big :

Spoiler Big :

More blank maps here and here

Previous Threads

I currently hold the floor myself and will repost my map and previous guesses soon.

The current map:

Spoiler :

The colors are different categories. Gray is also a category. No data doesn't apply.

Use of wood for heat?
Nope.

Political, economic, linguistic, media, resources, what?
I don't really want to say yet, could make it too easy.

So that's five separate categories? With no overlap amongst them?

What do Ireland, China, and Gabon (is it?), and some of the Windward Islands, have in common?
There is overlap in a way. The map actually tracks two different things which depending on circumstances might be the same thing.

Is it state recognition of indigenous languages? Teaching of languages other than the "national language" in schools?

That would explain Ireland, Latvia, Switzerland, Gabon and China being grouped together.

I'm guessing the ranking goes blue/blue-green/green/yellow/grey with blue having the most tolerance for minority languages and grey the least.
No, it's not about indigenous languages. And the colors are in no way a ranking.

Wild guess: some sort of broadcasting standard?

Level of insanity of each countries' respective national sports.

Nothing so far.

Random guess (I know nothing of these things) Reliance on agriculture? As in wheat, maize, rice, etc... I don't know why the US would be grouped with Spain then...

I protest about the Americanised title. If Us are good enough for Britain and the Commonwealth, they're good enough for Europe too!

I so knew that this would happen! :lol:

Yes, further Americanisms such as using 'so' in that horrid way are disgusting.

I protest about the AmericaniZed title. If Us are good enough for Britain and the Commonwealth, they're good enough for Europe too!

USA #1, son. :D

Also, don't have an immediate guess but this is a subscription post.

Somehow it includes Antarctica, because it is grey and 'no data' is disabled.

Takhisis said:
Somehow it includes Antarctica, because it is grey and 'no data' is disabled.
Grey: Here be pinguins (in the wild or in the zoo)
Yellow: Pinguins are a national idol of this country.
Blue: Pinguins in the government
Spoiler :

Green: Have legislation banning the use of the word pinguin and any contact with our zebra-coloured friends
Dark green: Actively participate in the War on Pinguins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom