Best choices:

Incas
Maya
Portuguese
Khmer
Nubians
Byzantines
Assyrians
Kushans (large empire in what is now Pakistan and east India)
Polynesians?

probably there are not going to be many europeans civs...
there's not much space left in the europe for new civs in the world map..
i hope that some of these civs gonna make it to the expansion:
incas
mayas
portuguese
assyrians
hungary
byzantines
huns
and some polynesian civ could cool and some new real african civ..

One thing's for sure: whichever civs they pick, someone is going to disagree with the choices - so, given that the currently spare slots are all going to be filled, Firaxis had better increase the maximum number of civs that can added... :)

My own two-penny-worth, based on personal preference and filling in "empty" parts of the world...

Incas (maybe Maya but notboth, please)
Siam or the Khmer
3 African civs - Mali/Songhai, Ethiopia and the Afrikaners
Polynesia and/or Australia
Poland or Hungary (again, not both)

and - as mentioned - room to add more (this is probably the most important one of all)

I hope they increase the list of total possibilities to 45-48 (now wouldn't that be a fun game?)

Not necessarily

They also mentioned a Feudal Japan scenario

They aren't going to add all the Japaneese factions

But they confirmed the Mayans and Sumerians

No point in having Byzantines they just became the ottoman empire anyway. so i would pick my 8 to be

Incas - religious,commercial uu-dunno
Aborigines -religious,expansionist uu-dunno
Scotland -scientific,industrious uu-jacobite
Portugal -religious,commercial uu-some sort of boat
Hungary -expansionist,commercial uu-dunno
Jews -religious-militaristic uu-dunno
nubians -commercial,expansionist uu-nubian mercinary
huns -expansionist,militaristic uu-some sort of raging bloodthirsty killer mondo of death killing thing.....

well thats my list if u can think of uu for them tell me

hmmm i dunno who the leaders could be

jews would have to be David
Scotland would have to be Robert Bruce

oh there isnt enough room for everyone i should have included the dutch :(

Not including the Inca would be criminal ...

Mayans, Ethiopians and Khmers/Burmans/Thai/Vietnamese are what strikes me first otherwise. Piling in even more European civs seems pointless, and to a certain extent the same for Middle-Eastern ones. What the heck are they going to do for the Sumerian city list with Ur, Uruk, Eridu and Kish on the Babylonian one?!? Same for Assyria which someone mentioned - what to do with Ashur, Nimrud, Niniveh and Khorsabad on the Babylonian list? Israelites or Syrians wouldn't crowd Mesopotamia as bad, but Jerusalem and Damscus are alreay in the game.

Just to suggest something I've not seen yet; the Javanese.

Another idea would to split India into multiple civs; Harappans, Aryans, Maurya, Kushans, Mughals, Cholas, Vijayanagara ... the list goes on!

Bad for crowding

Good for realism (the area was always crowded)

Great for scenarios (didn't they mention a "Battle for Mesopotamia" Scenario?)

Being a Canadian, I like how some people have mentioned Canada, but come on, what would our UU be? The war canoe? The mad trapper with a shotgun :shotgun:? The Sea King helicopter? My vote would be the snowmobile ;)

I think that Abbysinia should be in there along with Incas, Dutch, Portugese, Polynesia, Romania/Hungary, Israel and Australia.

Surely the Arabs cover Mesopotamia?

Inudog - probably the Blue Helmets/Peacekeeping forces. We sort of played an instrumental role in creating that system, and have long been one of the major proponents of UN peacekeeping.

I'd see it as an infantry-style unit with high defense, hidden nationality and no offense/pillaging ability that you could use to create a buffer zone between civs.

That said, I don't think Canada should be in as a civ.

Originally posted by inudog
Being a Canadian, I like how some people have mentioned Canada, but come on, what would our UU be? The war canoe? The mad trapper with a shotgun :shotgun:? The Sea King helicopter? My vote would be the snowmobile ;)

i feel the same about the scots :)
except our problem is not that we dont have any UU's its that we dont know which one to choose.

most of us say teh jackobite but maybe a highland clansman would be good

i dunno

The Firaxis press release mentions Sumerians and Mayans as races.

The Sumerian UU is the Enkidu Warrior. There's also mention of a Trebuchet unit, whether or not it's some new UU is unknown (wasn't it a Roman invention?)

The press releas also mentions an Islamic Sultanate as a government type and the Statue of Zeus as a new wonder, and tobacco, jade, and 'exotic birds' are mentioned as new resources.

Whether or not there's clues to the identity of the other six races is anybody's guess (and you folks seem to love guessing so I'll let you all have at it).

I thought the Trebuchet was in the Middle Ages (I admit,this I know from AoE2 :D ) ?.But as they don't say xxx Trebuchets,I guess they'll be available for everyone.

Mayas,Incans,Sumerians we know FOR SURE.

Remain 5,let's see what we can guess:feudal Japan could be Japanese only,but it could be a good hint towards Dutch and Portuguese.About the crowded Europe:Already after vanilla civ it was too crowded and they still included Spanish,Vikings and Celts,so why shouldn't they do it again.

WW2 could mean Polish,but of course Poland has much more history than these 6 years.

As calgacus asked about another big civ market:I'm pretty sure it's also in SE Asia and we have Jade,so it could be Thai,Khmer or Malayans.

I hope they include another African one like Songhai/Mali,if just to make it not possible for Zulu to grow too strongly before meeting Carthage/Egypt.

yeah trebuchet was middle ages
there was a program on tv just about them :)

they can fire so far so i hope they fire two squares in this game

They'll probably be a bombard of 6.1.1 (catapult is 4.1.1, cannon 8.1.1)

Top Bottom