Guess who's coming for dinner? - Un-announced leaders dropping by question

njoel

Chieftain
Hi,

I seem to remember in a previous civ (2 or 3) that a visiting leader would ask permission to see you and you could accept or decline their visit. Just wondering if civ4 has an option anywhere for this?

That would definitely be handy. I added enough RAM that it's not really a problem now, but for people with speed problems late in the game, the leaders popping up is one of the biggest slowdown problems. And while they generally make much better offers in this edition than in CivIII, I still find that late in the game there is almost no offer they will present that I would accept.

An in-game toggle switch to turn off leader interruptions would be perfect. (If there already is one, please do not kick me in the Jimmy. Can't really check on it at work . . . )

I had numerous CTDs and resets due to this problem. There should be a switch for this. I'd at least save my game before daring to open it :)

Let me go test it now actually...

or maybe there should be an 'animations frozen' option that actually freezes all animation... but this is getting way off topic.

Top Bottom