1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

guided missile used to start war doesn't die

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Confirmed Bugs' started by joehbright, Oct 18, 2010.

1. joehbright

joehbright Chieftain

I fired a missile at another civ's unit and the "do you want war" dialogue pop-up came up. I confirmed that I did want to attack. My missile fired and did damage, but it was still there having used its move for the turn. Next turn when I fired it again, it died like it should have. Tried this several times with city-states and other civs, same result.

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Savegame please :).

3. joehbright

joehbright Chieftain

This saved game has missiles loaded in ships on the borders of some countries, ready for you to fire them off and declare war. The surviving missiles that will still be there next turn can attack again, and they will not show an animation, and they will show that they get injured during the fight, but they will disappear after that 2nd attack.

Attached Files:

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Loaded the save file and confirm that guided missiles aboard a missile cruiser near Edinburgh can fire, survive to the next turn and fire again (except that only one of the missiles seems to survive, not both).

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

5. joehbright

joehbright Chieftain

Right, only the one used to start the war survives.

6. Perkus

Perkus Prince

It's not just missiles aboard ships, the same thing happens with city-based missiles.