Gun Powder units

Revan1000

Monarch
Gun Powder units, such as Musketman from Civ, is it only available on evil side?

I'm a noob on FFH, After discovering Gun Powder Tech and having Gun Powder as resource, I kept trying to build musketman, and yet I don't see him on build list.

And my evil neighbor whose in War against me has it, named A... Something.
Do I need to build a building? Or you have to be evil to build it??:confused:

It is civ-specific. Some civs can't build some units. The civ you are playing obviously can't build Arquebusiers.

Some civilizations cannot build gunpowder units. For example, elven civilizations cant.

Civs without access to Arqubis:

Mercurians
Ljosalfar
Hippus
Doviello
Clan of Embers
Svartalfar
Calabim
Infernal (although I swear I've seen them with these at one point; maybe this is a recent change)
Barbarian State

If anything, it is the evil civs that are least able to use the unit.

Yeah, that one seems quite odd. Primitive firearms seem to fit well will mercenaries, imho. The only reason I can think of to deny them Arquebos would be to give them a mounted equivalent like Cuirassiers.

I prefer "Thundersticks"...but thunderstick-wielding treants tend to intimidate the less-confident non-Ljosalfar player.

No no no. Not thundrstick.

Its a Boomstick.

Retails for 109.95 at S-Mart.

I'm merely declining the word Arquebus like I would any (non r stem) second declension masculine word based on how it is being used. Arbebis is clearly dative, and Arbebos accusative.

I'm merely declining the word Arquebus like I would any (non r stem) second declension masculine word based on how it is being used. Arbebis is clearly dative, and Arbebos accusative.

:confused:
You know what? . .. .. .. . this. How's about we bother the mighty (and yes, yes, I know, technically non-authoritative) Wiktionary.

arquebus (plural arquebuses)
1.an obsolete matchlock firearm​
Derived terms
arquebusier

If anyone wants to complain about my use of the Power of Wiki, by all means, pick up a dictionary and copy down the results. AFAIK, as a general rule, whenever the English language cannibalizes foreign words, it typically applies its own rules regarding prefixes and suffixes to them.
EDIT: Ninja'd. And I missed the part about it being of dutch origin anyways...

Yeah, that one seems quite odd. Primitive firearms seem to fit well will mercenaries, imho. The only reason I can think of to deny them Arquebos would be to give them a mounted equivalent like Cuirassiers.

I suppose, caracole cavalry would fit Hippus more - raiding cavalry with a good offensive power and high withdrawal chance. Or maybe some reitars... Classical cuirassiers in common thought are tied with the Napoleonic era, which makes them less appropriate.

Why on earth would you give anymore units to the Hippus ? they already are one of the most potent civ early and mid game, they surely don't need to also be a powerhouse late game.

Apart from that, I think a wyvern UU would be so much fitting for the Clan, they really deserve it.
Plus a goblin arquebusier UU, it is well known since Warcraft that goblins like to use high tech device that explodes.

Why on earth would you give anymore units to the Hippus ? they already are one of the most potent civ early and mid game, they surely don't need to also be a powerhouse late game.

Honestly, because the Hippus unique units start to peter out lategame because they get the same phalanxes/etc at that stage everybody else does. Magnadine is awesome, but a lot of their lategame requires them to get Guild of the Nine.

Plus a goblin arquebusier UU, it is well known since Warcraft that goblins like to use high tech device that explodes.

No. No. No. A thousand times no. Our goblins are not Warcraft goblins, and I'd like to keep it that way.

well our gnomes should still be Über 1337 haxor :p

Top Bottom