Gunboat Diplomacy is amazing!

Adder

Chieftain
Just wanted to share that,

my last game of Portugal went Autocracy for the culture because I still needed that achieve. However Poland had many wonders and appeared to cultural too properly influence.

Then Gunboat Diplo.. 4 boats around a city state.. wait a few turns, another ally. And with the portugese UA I had enough money to actually afford all those ships.

Axis Powered! :king:

Just wanted to share that,

my last game of Portugal went Autocracy for the culture because I still needed that achieve. However Poland had many wonders and appeared to cultural too properly influence.

Then Gunboat Diplo.. 4 boats around a city state.. wait a few turns, another ally. And with the portugese UA I had enough money to actually afford all those ships.

Axis Powered! :king:

What are you referring to here? Are you saying that you can pressure a city state in allying with you through the threat of attack?

Gunboat Diplomacy: +6 Influence per turn with City-States you could demand tribute from.

It's an L3 Autocracy tenet.

Are you saying that you can pressure a city state in allying with you through the threat of attack?
Yeah, that's what said third-tier Tenet does.

Indeed, it provided an axcelent backup for my first failed victory plan.

Rest of world! Y U NO autocracy?

Nice, I wish I'd thought of that in my Venice self imposed OCC. Basically I just used my 1 free MoV at optics to get cash for the early game. Then I tried going for a cultural with Autocracy. I was well on my way, but when the world leader vote was coming due, I still needed about 1000 tourism to get the last civ to influential. I had enough delegates to vote myself the winner, after successfully performing coups on a few and fleecing all my DoF partners of their cash to buy the last few. That was after making sure Bismark remained host for the entire game, so I got the Dark Horse achievement with the Axis Powered.

In my game only Askia went autocracy with me. The other 6 split freedom and order. Shortly after I picked my ideology it was my turn to propose a resolution, so I proposed world ideology: autocracy. Then I bribed everyone to vote for it no matter how much gpt it cost me. By the end of the game 4 of the AI's converted, 1 was dead and the other was just stubborn.

Next game I think I'm going to have to try the Gunboat Diplomacy thing.

I wanted to play around with the Autocracy ideology and Gunboat diplomacy is pretty amazing. I had one CS with over 400 influence!

Top Bottom