gunship reskin

feando

Chieftain
hello there. this i a reskin for the helicopter guship. it is in an urban cammo theme and has a shark mouth detail on the front. hope u enjoy.
i am unable to provided screen shots due to my laptops keyboard setup. i apollogise for any inconveniance

Attachments

• gunship_128.dds.zip
    37.6 KB · Views: 993
feando said:
i am unable to provided screen shots due to my laptops keyboard setup. i apollogise for any inconveniance

@ crazyace help him or desist

I'll try it out :) but someone will probably be along before I will with a screenshot.

feando said:
hello there. this i a reskin for the helicopter guship. it is in an urban cammo theme and has a shark mouth detail on the front. hope u enjoy.

what do you mean the setup????

you cant press 2 buttons?!?!?!... good grief!

JK

in order to take a screen shot i need to press prt sc. in order to press prt screen i need to hold enter. there are so many things linked to enter key in this game that there is no stage were pressing it dosent do something and move the screen so that is how come

I like it :goodjob:

Attachments

• feandogunship.gif
    feandogunship.gif
    128.1 KB · Views: 4,269
I am making this skinned unit into an AH-1W super cobra heli for another American UU. I am sure some one can make a better button than I did.

Attachments

• ah1w copy.jpg
    ah1w copy.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3,281
right now we do not have a lot of flexibility with units but later on we could make two different types of gunships. The original one for nations with more money/productivity. These will cost more but will have more movement and better strenght.

This one looks good but it looks like it was made out of scraps (no offense) This one can be used by poorer nations and will have less range and strenght. These might be useless against the other gunship but might still bring on havoc for inantry or tanks.

This may seem a mundane question for everyone else here, but to where do I unzip this dds file? Cool graphic - thanks!

This will be my first try at changing the graphics of my Civ4 setup.

Thanks!

will it overwrite the Apache skin?

depends on where u put it. if u put it in the games main files then yes but if u put it into a mod grafics file then u kep the original sjin exept when u play that mod

edit: im learning to touch type

Good job feando. Because I find skinning difficult to do it makes me appreciate your work even more.

The effort to go out and create something new is important.

Just for the record, the gunship is not an AH-64 Apache, but an AH-1 Cobra

I like it. It really makes the AH-1 Cobra look meaner. Good job.

@ CrazyAce, that's a good idea. Unfortunantly, I can't offer any help other than encouragement, as I have absolutely no idea how to do any modding whatsoever. I don't know if you are aware or not, but the US Marines are the only branch of the US military that uses the Cobra; so a suggestion, if it's possible, would be to add the legend MARINES on the tail boom. Just for reality's sake. Other than that, I like your idea. Semper Fi.

Top Bottom