1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunships can capture cities

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by shadow2k, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

I actually modded that out of my game. The river penalty is also seperate from the sea penalty, so you can apply one without the other (imagine blitz-promoted amphibious gunships!).

I've noticed some very strange behavior with city-capture recently. Sometimes I'll kill everything in the city and can capture it, sometimes not. Also, even though I patched, gunships still had 20 strength in the game. I checked the patched XML file, and while it had other changes (like jaguar or praetorian cost differences), it still had 20 strength in the XML file. How THAT happened I'll never know :dubious:

2. Tauro

Tauro Warlord

I've just captured a city with a double strenght , NOT blitzed gunship. Why??
    In the same turn I've taken another city with a blitzed one...

very strange.
    Only two captures in the whole game, I've tried another 15 times, at least....

3. Jantis

Jantis Chieftain

I noticed the issue with attacking ships in a recent game. On a whim I attacked a land-unit-empty city with one of my helicopters and saw that it had destroyed a Destroyer. I thought it was pretty funny.

4. drfish

drfish Chieftain

I've had some gunships set to auto pillage that attacked cities (but not units outside of cities) and one that captured a city all by itself. It was unexpected.

5. Blyker

Blyker Chieftain

Old post but dunno if you have the answer already. This happend to me as well. The thing i noticed was that in the cities that i captured as a gunship that there were workers inside, now if im correct workers surrender to you once you attack them. And because they are insidde the city when they surrender to you you cap it.