1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Guys help me plz

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by boneys26, Sep 27, 2006.

1. boneys26

boneys26 BTS Play session tester

Hi Guys I've lost all intrest in civ4 and warlords I've tried allsort to get back into it tried harder levels adding new units/mods I think i may had played it to death I was always on it but now if i turn the pc on i just go to messenger or check my emails i haven't played a full game for weeks i start one but i just end up quiting. anyone have any ideas?

2. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

Limit yourself to 10 - 30 minutes of civ a day. This way you don't overplay and at the end of the period you'll be left hungry for more!

3. TyranusBonehead

TyranusBonehead Bound & Determined

Actually I can kind of sympathize. I've played Civ3, Conquests, Civ4, and Warlords. I really like Civ4/Warlords, but every now and then I get the hankering for something different. I've tried demos of other strategy games to get a feel for whether I'd be willing to switch, and I usually come back to Civ4/Warlords.

I guess I'll keep on playing, but I'm thinking it's pretty natural for interest to wane from time to time.

Some demos I've tried include
    Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (recommend this one!)
    Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords (demo kind of sucks, experienced players insists it's good, but........)
    Star Wars: Empire At war - good demo, got boring after a while

Then again, there's other RTS games I've played that I loved...
    StarCraft
    Warcraft III
    Age of Empires

4. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Try a different game style, something you haven't done before. Give it a fair shake... read up on the tricks here on the forums, put some thought into your strategy, and then play not just one but a few games in that style.

Most people play a lot of CE. Frankly that's one of the most boring styles you could pick. (Mostly because it's easy to learn.)

Try other things. SE with commerce capitol. GP farm. Super science city. Slingshots. SE with no cottages. Experiment. Get out of that rut! :)

Wodan

5. Urederra

Urederra Mostly harmless

Nobody has submitted a deity win on huge maps to the HoF. Try it!!!!

If that is too hard, try to remove Moonsinger from the HoF by submitting better wins. (OK, that could be even more difficult, almost impossible :( )

Try to add your name to the HoF... (Disclaimer: I haven't checked for your nick)

6. boneys26

Thanks guys I think it will have to be another game for a while I guess i keep hearing about Galactic Civilizations II so i think i'll have to go and buy it :thumbsup:

7. bitplayer

bitplayer Warlord

Btw churchill never quit.

:p

8. Mureke

Mureke Warlord

You should try multiplayer and never get bored of Civ again.

9. boneys26

lol...He only won once tho ;) and every day bought new things unlike civi4/warlords it seams the AI does the same thing every game only the harder the level setting the easier it gets for the AI to do the same thing :( I just need a break from the game I guess:(

I would but with 2 kids under school age i don't get to play without having to do a feed or bum change or read a book to my oldest never mind sit through a whole multiplayer game, it wouldn't be fair to start but then drop out of a multiplayer game

10. Samson

Samson Deity

There is always PBEM where you can take your time over each turn.