1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Guys. This is serious.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Skwink, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

It was probably some aliens from outer space doorbreaching your neighbour's garage to steal their oil in their devious plot to rise the price of oil throughout the nation, throwing US's economy into chaos.

In other words, it was probably nothing to worry about.

2. Algeroth

Algeroth 8 and 1/2

People hallucinate sounds and voices when they are falling asleep. It's rather common.

3. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Really? :confused:

4. Azale

Azale Deity

According to Cracked.com, yes!

5. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

Kinda. It's a different type of hallucination, one that's considered normal.

6. bob_page

bob_page Warlord

I hallucinate while going to sleep if I stay up for a long time. It's usually visual though, I can't remember ever hearing just a noise.

7. Caseyboy97

Caseyboy97 The past is irrelevent

Nothing to worry about.

I hear big bangs outside my house all the time

8. admiral-bell

admiral-bell Chronic Lurker

9. shadowplay

shadowplay your ad here

Yes, actually. It's a part of sleep paralysis and isn't all that uncommon during periods of disturbed sleep. You're essentially half awake and half asleep. You try to wake up, but are still basically in 'dreamland', hence the hallucinations - auditory, textile, and sometimes even visual. It can be very distressing for people who don't know what's happening.

For me, this was very common in my childhood and teen years. Doesn't really happen anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

10. DroopyTofu

DroopyTofu Double Bass Double Bass

Maybe it was some program on your computer or something that you didn't know if you had on. I'd recomend forgetting about it and letting it go until it happens again. Don't worry about it! :)

11. Harvin87

Harvin87 The Youth

That happens to me when I'm tired and falling asleep but for some reason I should not sleep because work or something important to do .

12. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

Something like this happened to me once. I woke up to the sound of battleship gun salvos, which went on and on for about 5 minutes after waking up. Aparently no one heard anything. :crazyeye:
    God how i hate this. What's worse is that 90% of the times it happens, i can only break the paralysis by being killed or killing myself in the "dream". Even tho i realise it's a dream i can't move to snap out of it and it's too real for me to resist and get away.

13. Mad Man

Mad Man Your lord and master

I sometimes hear and see things when I'm tired, maybe this is what happened to you.

14. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

Sometimes, when being tired, I get muscle spasms. Like, my arm or my leg will suddenly jerk to by itself if I'm falling asleep in my bed or if I'm half asleep in my chair. I always hope nobody else notices, it feels quite stupid. :sad:

I can't say I've ever hallucinated, but I do not store any short term memories to my medium or long term memory before I get my morning shower. Problem is my subconsciousness is able to have perfectly fine conversations without me, which leads to lots of miscommunication as family or roommates think we've made an agreement, when I was never part of the conversation in the first place...

15. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

That happens to everybody. It's called a Hypnic jerk.