1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GWT: Diplo Logs and General Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Octavian X, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

This thread will serve as a log of all the communication that takes place between Fanatikou and GWT. All messages sent and recieved, as well as logs of chats, will be posted in this thread.

Everyone is also welcomed to post their own comments on our diplomatic ties with GWT.

First message from GWT:
    Sent in response:

2. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Looks quite good so far. Let's hope the new year shall bring us some luck. :)

3. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I don't know what GCA could be offering them to let them live. It doesn't make sense.

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Unless they had a deal or something... They could be planning an assault against CGN.

5. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Wizard, you can count on it.

GCA is valuable to GWT because the UUs of both nations are based on the Knight. If GWT wishes to get the upper hand over GCN, it would help to have an ally that can enhance your military might.

GCA's War Elephant also comes in handy because it requires no Strategic Resources to build. I checked the FA screen and saw that we cannot offer Chivalry to either team, which means they both have the tech. :(

I wish CGN the best, but our options for assistance are really limited at this point.

6. Octavian X

Reply from GWT:

Rather inconclusive... We'll have to wait some more, I guess.

7. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Seems like it... or then they're trying to get more time.

8. Octavian X

GWT's response

OK, that isn't too bad. According to him, they helped GCA out of the kindness of their hearts.

Our response should include our view on the GCA war, as well as a thanks for their willingness to talk to GCA about signing a peace agreement with us.

Our response should also include our stance with Apolyton and CGN. Most likely, we should just say we are at peace with both, period.

I encourage the Apolytonian ambassador to forward this message to Apolyton, as it does contain some information that they may find useful.

9. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I will do so right away Octavian. :)

Perhaps you can also request of them what issues they have with Apolyton that would lump them in with GWT's sworn enemy, CGN.

Great work!

10. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

An answer! :D

Looks good. Though should we add that we also trade a bit with CGN and Apolyton?

11. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I like the ideas Oct said. They sound good. :)

We'll need to use some really clever diplomacy if we're gonna try to get GWT to destroy GCA... Which is very doubtable...

12. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

GWT has said they found them to be honourable - we need to demonstrate to them the true nature of GCA - tell them the tales of how we have been treated by them. Ask Poly to do the same.

-- Ravensfire

13. Octavian X

I'm not really up for writing a history of our interactions with GCA, as I feel I played too big a role, one large enough to make me feel any account I write appear biased. Would someone else like to volunteer?

14. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I can't, I don't know of the beginning...:undecide:

15. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I havent been following closly enough, and I was gone for much of summer

16. Octavian X

OK, sorry for the delay. The message is almost done with a nice history of the war. I expect I'll post it tomorrow, and send it the day after that.

17. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

That's great, Oct. Hopefully we can start changing minds. Anyway, I think it would be a good idea if I join you in a chat with GWT. In that chat we could both dispel any lies they received from GCA. I believe GCA told them the complete opposite of the truth.

Your message should probally dispel some if not most of it. Some of GWT might not believe us, so we should follow up on it with a chat.

18. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

But please show the message to us before posting it. ;)

19. Octavian X

Here's the proposed message, likely in dire need of a better proofreading...

20. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Looks good. Though I found at least one thing:

"... and as such we wish to present our story of how THE OUR war with Gamecatcher unfolded."