1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

H G Well's The War of the Worlds

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Thorgrimm, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Well, I finally found a spot to host the mod so I figured it was time to share once again. :D

When you unzip the mod just unzip it to the C drive, it will install the mod to the default folder. If you have used a different folder, redirect as needed.

The BIQ is in the zip and should be installed to the proper folder.

The graphics goody pak is not needed, but it has a few different start up screens and an alternate beginning movie.

Here is the place to DL the mod;
    War of the Worlds civ 3 mod

EDIT: Martian, English, German, American and Russian beginning save games now available for download.

Here are a couple of screenies to show some of the sights in the mod.

Domestic Advisor

Defensive Heat Ray

Buildings and Martian food

Comments, suggestions, constructive criticism are all heartily welcomed. :lol:

Cheers, Thorgrimm

2. Stazro

Stazro Prince

OMG! I have no words for that! Downloading immediately!

3. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Finally! This will take the place f my interesting, but crappy version I made for myslef. :D Thanks. :goodjob:

4. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

5. kairob

kairob Biohazard

Like it! also downloading, my only very small criticism would be that surely they would use the red crap for food and the people for production intead of shields, other than that this is truely awsome :)

Edit; also I love how ya gave the aliens the couler red so that their empire looks red on the map (to match the couler it would look from high up ;))

6. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Well Kairob the red weed does boost Martian food production, As for the Humans, in the book they WERE the food for the Martians. That is why one of the buildings is called Blood Farm. I really should update the descriptions. :lol:

Here is a wee bit I came up with, The martians use a natrual compound found in their red weed to boost Human hemoglobin production. What the blood farm does is lobotomise the humans and use the compound to boost hemoglobin production, think cow, but only blood. So that is the reason the Martians cultivated the red weed on earth.:D

As for the production, the Martians have their own unique resource requirements, along with bringing their own Handling, and Digging Machines.

@Everyone, be advised, it is a huge Dl, but since it is not on DL hell, all you have to do is wait for it to dl.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

7. The Loser

The Loser King

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!

H.G.WELLS => my dream comes true
    The only thing left now is a great Dune mod or scenario....

Great job

8. kairob

kairob Biohazard

I got a corrupt file, I think my internet connection must have gone part way through. I would try again but the link wont work for me anymore:crazyeye: :crazyeye:

ok downloading again now :)

9. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Yay! The mod that I DLed about 3 years or some number around that ago is back online! :D

10. mmmrrrr

mmmrrrr Chieftain

You should also change your commerce icon to stomache acids/digestive acids as that is what the Martians used. Looking great otherwise!

11. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

In the book, which the mod tries to be faithful to, they never mention Martian commerce. So I think I will keep it as is. :D

But if you can give me a quote, i will consider it. ;)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

12. Blaze Injun

Blaze Injun Night Radio KYSE

Hey,

:woohoo: I have played the Star Trek mod. This is going to be sweet.
    Download with DSL took 31 minutes + goody pack another 13 minutes.

Report will follow after game. Thank you so much.

Blaze Injun

13. The Omega

The Omega Completely Insane

Gah.... Half hour loading time.... Dis had better be worth it....;)

14. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

This alone makes you stand out. Like RFRE which modded the end game movie you did something histiricaic with the start, going a step further then just changing the tital screen.

I think the next step in refining CIv3 will be those who lure players to the finish with promise of cool custum endings clips for all, or the most challanging victory conditions.

Thank you for pushing the envolope. I makes me see theres still so many areas that can be improved that I never even thought of. Later

15. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

@The Omega, wait till you hit mainland Europe and you get a sudden shortness of breath when you see all those waves of human troops heading your way.;) I think you will find it if nothing else, exciting when you decide to leave the British Isles.:lol:

@ T.A. Jones, my love of the book is so great, I tried to change everything I could. Even as is, I would still like to do more.

Gents, I eagerly look forward to your comments after trying this mod. I tried to keep it as faithful as I could to the book, as best as civ 3 would allow.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

16. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Glad to see you found a spot of your own to host it own. I've been hosting it on my forum since you there didn't have it hosted at any other any other place.

17. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Oh, it is. It is... Though sometimes I run out of patience/time.

18. beboy

beboy Ut tensio sic vis

Whoa!! It look very interesting!! and promissing!!

Unfortunately, I'm unable to run it: the game freezes when the scenario is launched...:confused: (or maybe I have to wait longer for launching, i.e. more than 10 minutes..)

I hope I will be able to solve that issue...

19. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Super Moderator

This looks fine. Interesting to see you've used a world map - I seem to recall that in the book they only invaded the home counties, or at least that's the only bit you hear about.

The graphics look fantastic. Very imaginative.

20. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

@Plotinus, yeah in the book they concentrated on the Weybridge area till the Martians sacked London. Then Wells mentions that the death ride of the Thunderchild was humanity's last chance. So I just extrapolated that from Well's point of view he could only see the English part of the Martian invasion plans. Since I am sure the Martians were smart enough to realise if they leave the rest of the planet unconquered in the long run they would be swamped by Humanity's numbers and growing tech. :D

@MC, thanks bud, appreciate the host. :)

@Beboy, it usually takes 30 mimnutes or longer to launch. It is a huge scenario with an accurate army and navy OOB for 1895. I will see if I can get some starting save games put together for the Martians and the Human Great Powers.

Cheers, Thorgrimm