H G Well's The War of the Worlds

I guess I just didn't paid attention to the different building options, so I could've forgot to build bloodfarms. I'll try it out and hopefully will get bigger cities (> 6 and >12 population).
Redman

I guess I just didn't paid attention to the different building options, so I could've forgot to build bloodfarms. I'll try it out and hopefully will get bigger cities (> 6 and >12 population).
Redman

That should take care of your problem. But be advised, if you build a Martian city next to a river the aquaduct ability will not allow you to build a Blood Farm in that city. The aquaduct ability is not needed next to a fresh water source, so the game does not allow you to build any building that has aquaduct checked. :)

Let me know if building Blood Farms cures the problem.

:nuke: Cheers, Thor :nuke:

Cheers to the maker of this great mod! I've always loved HG Wells War of the Worlds and bemoaned the lack of a good wargame to simulate it. :cool:

Cheers again! :goodjob: Can't wait to play it!

I am finding it hard to install it. I read how too, but it is not working. Can you please tell me in detail. Thanks.

Lol. That will do me no good. 2 reasons. 1. I have got it now in the Civ 3: Complete, and 2. I'm in the UK, and my mind only works in pounds. :)

Anyways. When I click Raze the city, my game does not respond? Fix?

Is there a way to make it so I can play as the Martians in 'New Game'. Or could you make a smaller map, with less stuff, cos it take 5 mins just to do 1 turn! :crazyeye: Also, where do I put the .sav files?

Thanks.

In pounds, divide by 2 approximately. ;)

And what I meant was Civ III complete. w/e.

And the game does respond, just it takes a very long time to re-update the map cause it has to recalculate all the trade routes, and then delete the city and everything. Similar things happen I think when you build a harbor equivalent and/or airport equivalent.

Well, this is *technically* a scenario. You would need to re-design the entire game and its rules for the scenario to work. Also, in case if the txt files are still broken, I fixed two files last night while I re-dled this after watching WoTW. :p (got insanely angry after I finished a turn, looked up a unit in the civpedia, and it was a broken link.) Put these two into the text folder.

And your final question, you put the .sav files into the saves folder. :p If you have Vista, this may take a while to figure out cause it protects the C drive so you'll have to find a way around it. The way I did it was semi-disastrous. AKA not broken so my computer can't be used, but I need to restore my computer to fix it.

Also, welcome to CFC! :) Enjoy your stay here. :)

Attachments

• labels.txt
    26.3 KB · Views: 182
  • PediaIcons.txt
    117.2 KB · Views: 109
Thanks. And yes I do have a vista. Do you know how to get to the saves folder?

C:\Users\<insert user name here>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Saves

Replace the <insert user name here> with whatever your username is. It should be in there. If not, then I don't know.

Anyways. Thor, could you make a scenario where the map is like 'Continents' in new game, and you can play as the Martians or the English, no other civs, except for barbarians (I know they are not a civ, but you know what I mean). The English start with victorian tech, and the Martians, with Martian tech. :p The Martians start on the left side of the map, and the English on the right side. The English start with a few towns, and the Martians only get the landing site from the start. Or something like that. And could you make Martian Settlers. Just something simple. The reason for all of this is beacuse I am sick to death of waiting 5-10 mins just for 1 turn! When I play 'New Game', a turn only take a second. And the only time I have to wait is when the other civs move thier units. I know it is a bit to ask for, but please. I just need a type of Martian free play. Thank you, and a 1000 Thank you's more if you do it. :)

I don't know, if I did, how do I turn it off?

you want it on, what OS do you have?

if xp then (in windows explorer) Tools>Folder Options>View>Show Hidden Files and Folders>apply
if vista im not sure

Let me know if building Blood Farms cures the problem.
It worked. Just settled my first 3 cities away from fresh water on mainland Europe.

Last week installed it on my new computer. It runs Vista, and now I've got all kinds of minor bugs. For example:
- no date, but the word Airfield.
- options in Preferences are all mixed up.

Maybe DL and/or install it again? Or is Vista the problem?

Has someone had similar (minor) problems?

Redman

Just remembered, when Germany used ships to bomb Landing Site the Coastal Defense Emplacement (correct name?) got destroyed. Fine, no problem, just build it again I thought. But that's not possible. I have the tech to build them but the don't appear in the buildinglist.
Redman

Top Bottom