H G Well's The War of the Worlds

I posted a fixed labels.txt file a few posts up. That's the main issue.

I posted a fixed labels.txt file a few posts up. That's the main issue.

OK, thanks. I will try that! Does this solve the problems with the menu and the buildinglist?
Redman

Yes, just download both text files and replace the ones that are included.

hi,

i got problem with war of the worlds mod, i dl it and unpack to vic3/conquest/conquest when i pick the nations i would play i cant change number of civs and rules but ok a took martians click play and loading stop on initializing players. i wait 5 min but nothing happened only black screen and still initializing players so help me please!!! this mod kicking ass, must play it

Wait longer. ;)

There are far too many cities, and it takes forever for anything to happen. That means you have to burn some before you can expect a noticeable drop in load times.

Can someone explain to me why they lost again? Suddenly they started dying due to the atmosphere or something , or was it singing ?

Spoiler :
There are no viruses or bacteria on Mars, so they died from the common cold becuase they had no immune system.

EDIT: Put in spoiler to not spoil the ending of War of the Worlds.

Curse you! Just listening to War of the Worlds for the first time and you ruin the story!

Seriously, though, the link's broken. It says 'the board is unavailable'

Curse you! Just listening to War of the Worlds for the first time and you ruin the story!

Aww, I'm so sorry. I should'a put it in a spoiler. You've seriously never watched the movie?

i think i saw that movie but as long i saw alien invasion on Earth i changed the channel lol
and it wasn't Mars Attack movie lol

The one with Tom Cruise?

i believe not, is an old movie ,where they attack with tanks and artys and the space alien ship gets no damage at all because of the shield

.....o_O ,there is one with Tom Cruise oh no ,he will ruin the story completely :p

yes indeed but i found this mod also on another website where i download it:)

here is the link mate, http://wotg.stgfc.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=418

Yeah, I suppose I should update that link on page one! :D

I updated my board to PHPbb3 and I thought I had the redirect correct. Well, it seems that the redirect is not working! :crazyeye:

EDIT: Link in post one has been updated.

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

.....o_O ,there is one with Tom Cruise oh no ,he will ruin the story completely :p

I think he's a good actor, and he played the part well in War of the Worlds.

As far as I am concerned the only thing the got right in the Tom Cruise version was the narration of Morgan Freeman and the tripods. The acting was atrocious and the idea of something coming out of the ground as a plot device was absurd.

I mean, come on. If the aliens had the resources, energy, and time to plant the tripods underground, why did they not just conquer earth at that time? The entire story was contrived and it showed. :mad:

:nuke: Cheers, Thor :nuke:

Yep, those Aliens weren't the brightest of the bunch, they might as well have just landed at the time they wanted to invade, instead of doing the whole dramatic bury - shoot themselves down in lightning - and then erupt from the ground thing.

Plus, did the aliens ever hear of 'testing the atmosphere to make sure it's safe for em first'? :cool:

Plus, did the aliens ever hear of 'testing the atmosphere to make sure it's safe for em first'? :cool:

im sure they already tried the 'testing the atmosphere' when prehistoric era was ,they just came back later to test our technology since it passed from rocks and sticks to bullets and missiles lol:)

Yep, those Aliens weren't the brightest of the bunch, they might as well have just landed at the time they wanted to invade, instead of doing the whole dramatic bury - shoot themselves down in lightning - and then erupt from the ground thing.

To be honest, Wells did use the germ death deux ex machina plot device, so we cannot condemn Speilberg for that one.

But as to the daisy sprouting 'plot device', exactly!

I have the DVD version so when I watch it I make sure I always speed through most of it and watch those beautiful tripods in action. To me, the most chilling point in the movie is when the camera pulls back and you see the three tripods looking down on the ferry and they let go with the signal dinner is served! :lol:

As a FYI, on the dvd version if you watch the special features you will be told that ole Steve wanted to make em pop up like daisies because he was tired of watching them come from space. Talk about a ******ed reason! :mad:

Just imagine how good it would have been if they had used the cylinders and Wells' plot devices. I think it would have shined, despite being set in our time.

:nuke: Cheers, Thor :nuke:

Top Bottom