H G Well's The War of the Worlds

I went ahead and installed 1.22 it didnt solve the airfield problem hope it doesnt cause problems i cant tell any difference between the 2 versions i will try the fix mentioned if someone can be more specific where to find the file and where to put it. simple instructions please thanks in advance.

It is called "labels.txt" and it is located in the C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Text folder. It should be copied to: C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\War of the worlds test\Text

It is called "labels.txt" and it is located in the C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Text folder. It should be copied to: C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\War of the worlds test\Text
Thanks Flamand that did the trick.:goodjob:

I will give some feedback soon right now real life is taking much of my time.hopefully will get to play a little more soon.

Look forward to it. :)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

This Mod looked awesome but my crappy computer won't load it because the scenario is MASSIVE. So whenever I try to play it Civ3 just crashes. Went though the dl for no reason:cry:

This Mod looked awesome but my crappy computer won't load it because the scenario is MASSIVE. So whenever I try to play it Civ3 just crashes. Went though the dl for no reason:cry:

Have you tried one of the save games I made? Only takes a few minutes to load the scen.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Have you tried one of the save games I made? Only takes a few minutes to load the scen.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
No, I was using the scenario, which I prefer to use because I can edit things to my liking. But it might be worth it, I'm just glad I didn't delete the zip file because there is no way I'm downloading that again:eek:

No, I was using the scenario, which I prefer to use because I can edit things to my liking. But it might be worth it, I'm just glad I didn't delete the zip file because there is no way I'm downloading that again:eek:

If you loved the book, then I think you will like the mod. So give the Martian save a whirl. :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Yea, I was only going to play as the aliens...and are they martians? I've only watched the movie (the new one). It didn't say where they came from.

Edit:
Downloaded the save, still froze up.

Yea, I was only going to play as the aliens...and are they martians? I've only watched the movie (the new one). It didn't say where they came from.

Edit:
Downloaded the save, still froze up.

Well, I don't know about your connection then, the saves are under a meg. :D

And yes they are Martians. :)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Well, I don't know about your connection then, the saves are under a meg. :D

And yes they are Martians. :)

Cheers, Thorgrimm
really?? martians?? didn't think they would be the ones to invade but i could see their motive. After all there planet sucks...its dead.

really?? martians?? didn't think they would be the ones to invade but i could see their motive. After all there planet sucks...its dead.

So I take it you have never read HG Well's The War of the Worlds? Written in 1898 by the master himself. :D

How could you not recognise this classic quote? ;) :D

No one would have believed in the last years of the 19th century, that Human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No could have believed we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water, few men even considered life on other planets, and yet across the gulf of space, minds imesurablly superior to ours, regarded this Earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely they drew their plans against us.

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

you know in the move they changed that to 20th century:D

And Spielberg should burn in hell for that atrocity to. :mad:

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Wait wait, they actually said this:

"No one would have believed the in the early years of the 20th century...".

I guess it makes it more relevant to have in the 20th century

Since HG wrote the book in 1898, I ONLY wish to see a period WOTW, not this 20th century crap being made. Sorry, but that is why I am very picky about what goes in the WOTW mod. :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Since HG wrote the book in 1898, I ONLY wish to see a period WOTW, not this 20th century crap being made. Sorry, but that is why I am very picky about what goes in the WOTW mod. :D

Cheers, Thorgrimm

yea, I understand...

btw i like your sig:)

Thorgrimm, did you know that Jeff Waynes is making an animated/action/musical movie thing. It looks really cool.

Thorgrimm said:
And Spielberg should burn in hell for that atrocity to.

I'm not so sure he should burn in Hell, but he should have a few fingernails pulled out. ;)

Top Bottom