H G Well's The War of the Worlds

yea, I understand...

btw i like your sig:)

Lol, thanks dude. It does tend to draw fire though...;) :D

@Lord Malbeth, he spit on the grave of HG with that abortion, so to me he should burn in the deepest pits of the firey abyss. :lol: Yeah I am waiting for the JW cgi movie.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Lol, thanks dude. It does tend to draw fire though...;) :D

@Lord Malbeth, he spit on the grave of HG with that abortion, so to me he should burn in the deepest pits of the firey abyss. :lol: Yeah I am waiting for the JW cgi movie.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
I can't say anything bad about Lord Malbeth (not that I would want to;) ) because he was really helpful to me but why does your sig "tend to draw fire"?

bd41094 said:
I can't say anything bad about Lord Malbeth (not that I would want to ) because he was really helpful to me but why does your sig "tend to draw fire"?

Thanks, I feel secure. ;) :D

Which sig were you referring to?

Folks I am happy to announce that Thunderfall has kindly allowed Flamand and me to open up our own lil Sci Fi workshop where we will be developing the mods we have swirling around in our fevered brains. :lol:

All future updates, screenies and what not will now be posted at this location;

Flamand and Thor's Sci Fi Workshop

So visit us often in the workshop. :)

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

I don't mean to be completely ignorant, but does the link in the first post include those new updated Martian machines that were on the front page a while back?

I believe in the Martian update thread it was stated that the scenario was being updated as each model was posted, but I'd just like it clarified so I know what to download.

Thanks!

I don't mean to be completely ignorant, but does the link in the first post include those new updated Martian machines that were on the front page a while back?

I believe in the Martian update thread it was stated that the scenario was being updated as each model was posted, but I'd just like it clarified so I know what to download.

Thanks!

I don't think so... They use the old version of them, and the new ones aren't in it yet.

Yeah its a good read, kept me entertained when they first released it. Could hardly wait for the next installment to come out, heh.

*resumes waiting for Godot........ I mean, updates*

You know I just remembered that I don't remember it ever being stated what the Martians wanted on Earth? Was there just some human character theories thrown around but no definitive answer? Don't have the book here to check, figured I'd ask the expert!

You know I just remembered that I don't remember it ever being stated what the Martians wanted on Earth? Was there just some human character theories thrown around but no definitive answer? Don't have the book here to check, figured I'd ask the expert!

According to Wells, Mars was dying and they needed to colonize earth for their species to survive. That and they needed humans as food animals.

To the Martians we were just the locals who had to be swept aside and corraled for the 'new' masters of Earth.

:nuke: Þórgrímr :nuke:

Waiting for the unit update put me in the mood for the Jeff Wayne RTS game, so I promptly reinstalled it with the fix from the JW forums......

And of course it didn't work. Now it's back to waiting for the modpack update... I really REALLY need to get on to putting together an old PC to run Win98..

Waiting for the unit update put me in the mood for the Jeff Wayne RTS game, so I promptly reinstalled it with the fix from the JW forums......

And of course it didn't work. Now it's back to waiting for the modpack update... I really REALLY need to get on to putting together an old PC to run Win98..

Here is a website that has the patch to run JW's TWOTW. :)

WOTW Patch for XP

:nuke: Þórgrímr :nuke:

Aha, but evilnerfherder actually posted the same thing plus instructions in a thread on the Jeff Wayne forums, where I believe he is a mod.

Its the same version, heh. It just doesnt like my PC for some reason, which is an annoyance as it seems to work ok for other people.

Ah well.

Ta for being kind enough to post the link tho - I'm going to try clearing the reg and reinstalling the game to see if that helps me any. As I say, I'm on a nostalgia kick while waiting for your "updated" version of this mod (with the newer martian models from recently).

Great work by the way, also v happy with the version of the story you went with.

Top Bottom