1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Had the most amazing game of Civ I can remember!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Arksa, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Arksa

Arksa Warlord

After getting mauled on immortal after patch for a few times, I decided to try once more with Greece.

I managed to get many city-states allies from the start by helping them kill the barb camps. From there on I realised that Diplo victory might be a possibility.
    Some of my neighbours realised this in the end. Having superior military and technology, Denmark almost steamrolled through to my capitol which was building the crucial UN building.

Spoiler :

The French border has remained the same for centuries, they seemed to give up trying to get through so I moved my navy to support Athens.
    Spoiler :

Denmark and America took out 4 of my city states allies, but I remained determined to try get this victory.

Spoiler :

As you can see, neglecting the military side of the tech tree to go for the globalization is risky and almost cost me the game. Denmark luckily did not have enough melee units to withstand my battleships that supported Athens. When they reached athens, I had blown up most of their rocket artilleries. That coupled with the ideal defence location of Athens saved me from destruction.

Spoiler :

In the end, I popped oxford university to get globalization, used a great engineer to hurry the UN building, and had to hold off the Danish invasion for 10 more turns to get the vote. This all the while my rivals were trying to take over my city-states with election rigging and coups. Even America decided to vote for me despite a war not long ago.

I was sweating a lot the last 2 hours of this game :p. Absolutely epic!

2. Haig

Haig Deity

Whoah looks like a real trench hell on your border with Denmark. Sounds cool. :)

3. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

I like games like this. Good job.

4. crawf0rd

crawf0rd The One and Only

When I saw how many cities Denmark had I peed myself. Imagine if he and Washington combined empires somehow! That would be world-dominance!