Hadron collider, Panama canal and Three Gorges Dam.

Very cool. Glad to see a bump, since I've never seen this thread before. I hope they release more than three again (although the scenario was great this time around). Nefliqus, interesting screenshots there. Is that circled Natural Wonder new? If so, I'm guessing the Everglades. The second one with World Wonders are probably Panama and 3 Gorges (I think I see locks on the first one).

So the icons are there, the artwork is there. Well, of the damn and the canal at least.
Are there also audiofiles to be found?

It's a real mystery why they haven't made it in the final game?

Time, balance issues, etc. If you look in the audio files, you'll find one for Calculus and one for another tech (forget what) that never made it into the main game as well. It seems they had ideas that couldn't be properly implemented.

Alternatively, maybe they're relatively recently created and they still have to find a way to fit them in. It's one thing to make art, it's another to design how that art functions in game (i.e., what benefits, which tech, etc.)

You can also see the Panama Canal picture hanging on a wall in the "Making of Civilization V" video.

Hmmm... Interesting with the natural wonders. Weren't they going to have Mt Everest as well? Hopefully they add some more in the future. Come on an expansion pack...

...or some DLC...

Is that circled Natural Wonder new? If so, I'm guessing the Everglades.

Considering the 3rd tallest mountain in Florida is Disney's Space Mountain, then judging by the hills/ mountains in the pic's background I'm gonna go with Lake Titicaca instead, which would give some sort of freshwater lake bonus.

D

Considering the 3rd tallest mountain in Florida is Disney's Space Mountain, then judging by the hills/ mountains in the pic's background I'm gonna go with Lake Titicaca instead, which would give some sort of freshwater lake bonus.

D

Lake Titicaca was apparently an abandoned wonder idea, so it's possible. That being said, it doesn't really look like a mountain to me, just a thing of dirt.

Well would you look at that....
A while ago I was on Deviantart and decided to look up "civ 5". So I saw someone who put up all the loading maps for the civ's and he/she said he/she also did Panama Canal along with other things. Here's the link. (I'm M-S-D ^.^)
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=civ+5#/d3g87vf
They said it's not out "yet". Sure they could be not who they say they are but maybe they're for real? Maybe they are for real and it will come out later!

What this game needs is late game wonders desparately. After industrial era, wonders virtually vanish from the build menu other than sydney opera house and eiffel tower.

Yeah, I agree. I think that's been a problem in all civ games, but it certainly is noticeable here as well. Something that needs to be fixed to make for a more interesting game.

What this game needs is late game wonders desparately. After industrial era, wonders virtually vanish from the build menu other than sydney opera house and eiffel tower.

I vote for SETI project and Cure from cancer. They are my 2 favorite wonders from Civ2. There is something special about them...Maybe it's their videos. Or my broken dreams about becoming a doctor or an astronaut:(

I definitely would like some more civ V late-game wonders, the Three Gorges Dam, Panama canal and LHC seem cool, but how about pack them in with SETI, Wembley and Taipei 101 and then in with Portugeuse, Dutch and Phoenicians Civs, Corporations, New Techs and Religions. That would be an awesome DLC (or expansion preferably). But anyway, the reason they didn't include them is probably they ran out of time to implement all of the wonders, techs and as we know religion in the game. Implementing them however would bring me back to Civ 5 (Which I pretty much abandoned for Civ IV).:king:

I vote for SETI project and Cure from cancer. They are my 2 favorite wonders from Civ2. There is something special about them...Maybe it's their videos. Or my broken dreams about becoming a doctor or an astronaut:(

I'm not a huge fan of Cure for Cancer (or really SETI for the same reason). I have no problem with near future wonders of stuff that hasn't yet been achieved, but I do believe wonders should be tangible things. They should be impressive monuments of engineering as much as anything else.

I dislike Leo's Workshop for the reason that it isn't close to a building. Anything with Leo's workshop could be handled by popping Leonardo as a great artist.

There are several unused viable wonders from the time period. At a minimum, plenty of Islamic ones, but also St. Peters.

I'm not a huge fan of Cure for Cancer (or really SETI for the same reason). I have no problem with near future wonders of stuff that hasn't yet been achieved, but I do believe wonders should be tangible things. They should be impressive monuments of engineering as much as anything else.

Yeah I very much agree. Also, it's incredibly unlikely that there will ever be a "Cure For Cancer" as much as an increasing range of disparate "cures"/treatments for the thousands and thousands of different types of cancers - and that's not the sort of thing that's going to be the achievement of a single nation or something you abruptly "finish". You could make a better argument for the Human Genome Project, but even then it's not the sort of massive, visible engineering marvel that the other wonders are. The LHC is definitely the prime candidate for a modern research-related achievement that could be called a "wonder of the world".

On a side note, I'm a little saddened that Petra remains overlooked amongst the ancient wonders. I know it's not one of the Big Seven, but it's downright amazing and seriously deserves a little love.

I dislike Leo's Workshop for the reason that it isn't close to a building. Anything with Leo's workshop could be handled by popping Leonardo as a great artist.

There are several unused viable wonders from the time period. At a minimum, plenty of Islamic ones, but also St. Peters.

I tend to agree with you here, but I kind of posed it because it's been in the game for so long.

I'd like the Internet but with LHC and 3 Gorges, 3 wonders for Modern might be too much, unless they are planning to extend the end-game considerably.

Top Bottom