HAHAHA liberation fixed :D

Glassmage

The Desert Flame
code in GlobalDiplomacyAIDefines:

<Row Name="OPINION_WEIGHT_RESURRECTED">
<Value>-200</Value>
</Row>

:D Now to test the game if civs still denounce you for saving them.

Moderator Action: Moved to Civ5 general discussion, because it seems to be about the latest patch, not about Gods & Kings.

So wait.. This is a confirmed fix?

Any word yet on whether you can liberate more than 1 city?

I don't know, but one time when I liberated someone I just gave them their cities back that I captured later.

This is great if true. But -200?

This is great if true. But -200?

the diplo system has 'thresholds' for the AIs opinion of you. negative numbers are 'positive views' and positive numbers are 'negative views' (yes that seems odd to me too).

So a -200 boost when liberated is likely meaning that they can really really really hate you before the liberate, but post liberation they'll like you. I'm guessing the delta between 'absolute hate' and 'wants to be your DoF' is sufficiently less than 200, so that the liberated AI has a shot at actually being nice to you now.

thank god, i often wanted to liberate civ's to dump unwanted cities to - maybe now the dog wont bite the hand who feeds it, eh?

I liberated a city in my current game and gave it back to Washington. The ingrate DID denounce me, but it was over 10 turns later. To be fair, I had recently gotten !!!TANKS!!! and was conquering everything in site. Considering that he had been eliminated by Greece, and I was EXTERMINATING Greece, he should have been a tad more appreciative of my efforts on his behalf. After all, he was going to get to survive with his one sad little "city", and Greece was not.

I liberated a city in my current game and gave it back to Washington. The ingrate DID denounce me, but it was over 10 turns later. To be fair, I had recently gotten !!!TANKS!!! and was conquering everything in site. Considering that he had been eliminated by Greece, and I was EXTERMINATING Greece, he should have been a tad more appreciative of my efforts on his behalf. After all, he was going to get to survive with his one sad little "city", and Greece was not.

Sounds like in your case they would have needed to change it to -2000 instead of "only" -200. ;)

the diplo system has 'thresholds' for the AIs opinion of you. negative numbers are 'positive views' and positive numbers are 'negative views' (yes that seems odd to me too).

So a -200 boost when liberated is likely meaning that they can really really really hate you before the liberate, but post liberation they'll like you. I'm guessing the delta between 'absolute hate' and 'wants to be your DoF' is sufficiently less than 200, so that the liberated AI has a shot at actually being nice to you now.

Thank you for clearing that up. I read the xml files and I was mystified when liberating a city had the opposite result from what I'd expected.

I think it helps if instead of thinking of the values as "relationship," you think of them as "hostility."

Sounds like in your case they would have needed to change it to -2000 instead of "only" -200. ;)

YES!!!!!! Then I could proceed with my.......activities........without any arrogant remonstrations!

I wonder if they could scale it so that it increases in proportion to my military strength vs his likelihood of survival in the event the denouncement has the immediate effect of triggering an aggressive military response? It sure would be nice if the AIs demonstrated at lease SOME common sense. After all, how am I supposed to find out if I can conquer an entire city with culture bombs if the AIs can't refrain from violating the rules of appropriate behavior in the face of a massive and unstable warmongering menace?

-200 is great news, I need to check the AI .XML again and update my thread in the war room discussions.

That said, if you have a poor foreign policy -200 isn't going to save you. Just as Europe pretty much denounced America for Iraq :)

That is the only thing that is new. I dunno where they removed the "they try to win the same victory as us" option.

That is the only thing that is new. I dunno where they removed the "they try to win the same victory as us" option.

From my thread
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=439101

Grand Strategic Modifiers
Measures how your grand strategy affects each individual AI leader. Proximity, AI&#8217;s own grand strategy and your overall interactions affect these. Essentially, whilst bilateral modifiers can often offer a fixed penalty or bonus, grand strategic modifiers 'score' a civilization's grand strategy and this value is relative and fluctuates between civilizations and leaders, providing a level of tension and unpredictability to diplomatic relations.
Overall, These are less understood than the bilateral opinion modifiers but are ironically often the only major items listed on the diplomacy screen, whereas opinion modifiers are often less apparent.

Code:
Land   (They covet our land)
Fierce   30    Strong 20  Weak 10  None -6

[B]Victory  (They believe you are trying to win in the same manner)
Fierce   30    Strong 20  Weak 10  None -6[/B]

Wonder (They believe you are competing for the same wonders)
Fierce   20    Strong 15  Weak 10  None 0

City States  (They believe you are competing for the same city states)
Fierce   30    Strong 20  Weak 10  None 0

Warmonger (They believe you are a warmonger)
Critical 100  Severe 70 Major 40  Minor 15 None 0

Those were the grand strategy modifiers current as of last November.

Checking the .XML, looks like they aded a whole new category, 'issues of dispute' there's a whole lot more nuance there. But the values seem higher.

Maybe they just removed it from the tooltip? The old opinion weighting on victory dispute is still there with the same values.

Code:
<Row Name="OPINION_WEIGHT_VICTORY_FIERCE">
			<Value>30</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="OPINION_WEIGHT_VICTORY_STRONG">
			<Value>20</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="OPINION_WEIGHT_VICTORY_WEAK">
			<Value>10</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="OPINION_WEIGHT_VICTORY_NONE">
			<Value>-6</Value>

Issues of Dispute

Code:
- <Row Name="VICTORY_DISPUTE_FIERCE_THRESHOLD">
  <Value>80</Value> 
  </Row>
- <Row Name="VICTORY_DISPUTE_STRONG_THRESHOLD">
  <Value>50</Value> 
  </Row>
- <Row Name="VICTORY_DISPUTE_WEAK_THRESHOLD">
  <Value>30</Value> 
  </Row>

Edit: There's also another entry for 'Victory Dispute' for 'Grand Strategy'.

The numbers are buckets are different. I don't believe this was there before.

Code:
	<Row Name="VICTORY_DISPUTE_GRAND_STRATEGY_MATCH_POSITIVE">
			<Value>14</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="VICTORY_DISPUTE_GRAND_STRATEGY_MATCH_LIKELY">
			<Value>10</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row Name="VICTORY_DISPUTE_GRAND_STRATEGY_MATCH_UNSURE">
			<Value>6</Value>
		</Row>

Top Bottom