Half Full Club - Genghis of Mali.

Metzi

Oh bugger.
Welcome to the Half Full Club. We hope you will pulling your hair out while trying to win. This game will be open until next Saturday, but feel free to post/try at any time. This weeks game will start at Noble/Epic (After this I will post WB saves so that you can adjust the level/speed acordignly).
Our Impaired Leader.

By drghoti at 2010-05-21

The Rules:

1) You are not allowed a navy (Workboats are an exception).
2) You may not demand tribute, be it technology or gold. This doesn't count for Vassalising Civs or Ending Wars. (Thank you Cam H!).
3) You cannot build the Great Lighthouse or The Collosus.
4) You cannot bride other civs into war (Thank you Cam H).
5) You cannot build nuclear weapons.
6) You cannot adopt the civics of Vassalage or Theocracy.
6) You can only win by Culture or the UN.

The Start:

By drghoti at 2010-05-21

Posting intervals:
4000BC Opening thoughts,
2000BC Events,
1AD Wars and plan of Action,
1000AD Events,
1010AD - Victory or Defeat!

Good Luck, and Struggle Well :king:.

Attachments

• Half Full Club- Genghis of Mali.CivBeyondSwordSave
    32.9 KB · Views: 29
Kapital Ein - Hate, remorse and jungles.

Spoiler :
We settle in place.

Not bad, but my only expandible territory (without breaking the rules/economy) is into jungle.

The Leader of Carthage, who is Directly south of us is...

Next we meet The Leader of India, who is far west is...

Bugger

Soon after, actually 1 turn after, we meet...

of the Vikings! Bloody hell.

We get a very nice event!

The last Leader of the round, location unknown and leader of the Incas' is...

Oh arse arse arse!

After meeting the Incans the following has happened:
1) The capital is now working it's 2 clam tiles, 1 plain mine and the corn.
2) A setter is on his way to claim a city in the.....jungle.
3) We have teched archery for the UU and are half way to finishing Iron Working!

Soon we are deepley insulted,

we soon find St.Augustine, slit his gut and strangle him with his Larger Intestines.

And as turn 80 ends, we are gratefull for skirmishers to defend against barbs.
The friend situation,

Plan of action:
1) Expand and Secure Strategic resorces.
2) Attack and hope to defeat the Carthagan Empire.
3) Weep, cry and woe at Jungles.

Wouldn't settling 1NE be a better solution? That'd lead to 2 Clams, a Fish and a Corn in the capital (leading to an amazing GP farm), as well as turning that desert into something useful.

Probably I am missing something, I but I see no way to find out about that fish and corn and stuff on turn 1. Apart from ofcourse just moving settler to the right direction, for no reason at all... :)

Yes I agree with you about moving 1NE, but I tend to settle in place.
This is because everytime I move my capital, I soon regret not setteling in place.

Kapital Zwei - Carthage and the Calander.

This post is from 2000BC - 10AD.
Spoiler :
We start the round by setteling a new city, which I'm hoping will be our Cottaged city,

Looks like calander will be my next tech to tech.

We have iron working,

So my *cough*3*cough* workers begin to hook up the Iron and will clear up all that forest in Djenie and Kumbi Saleh. Our capital is now queing 3 workers and a settler.

I take a look at the tech situation. We have mathmatics.
I do a little trading with the Incans' and Indians' to gain:
Polytheism,
Meditation,
Alphabet.

Soon we are insulted AGAIN by a philosipher by the name of Livy,

We sever his head, and parade it around Timbuktu. We gain 2 Culture points.

The jungles around Djenie are cleared and all the hills are mined. Djenie builds a barracks and starts on Swordsmen. Timbuktu finished a settler.

Soon we found gao near another Iron node...

We meet another Leader, of the Celts...

Ironic is it not?

We learn Calander, and begin hooking up the Bananas' and Dyes' around Kumbi Saleh.
Genghis (who is currently daydreaming about Yak) predicts a long monopoly of the Technology.

All the while we build an army of Swordsmen and Chariots (We hooked up the horses from Kumbi Saleh) and station them at Gao. Then we attack Harderentum (We don't loose any units :) )...

I keep it as the overlaping tiles with Gao are only desert.

As the turn reaches 10AD, we get before Carthage...

Wish me luck.

Plan of action:
1) Obliterate the Carthagens. (My production citys, Timbuktu and Djenie, are still pumping out Swordsmen and Chariots.)
2) Pump out ALOT more workers.
3) Direct all Espoinage Points against the Indian Empire and steal some techs (Suliman with the Indians has proven to be a powerfull teching empire.).
4) After conquering the Carthagens, I think I will aim for a cultural win :king:

Here is the save if you want to continue from here,

Attachments

• Half Full Club- Genghis of Mali.CivBeyondSwordSave
    147 KB · Views: 25
I apologise about the pictures of the intro and Kapital Ein...
I've remembered to NOT delete the pictures off of Imageshack :p

Kapital Drei - Humiliation and defeat.

10AD - 560AD
Spoiler :
We start with our Army being Obliterated.
Then Carthage came and took out Hurdurentium.

Fortunetly I take it back, and stock up my military there.

We learn the art of Construction and begin pumping out Catapults. We begin Teching Currency for economic trade routes.

The World (as we know it) has everyone as Buddist, with only the Celts being Jewish.
The Vikings build the Apostolic palace. We vote for the Vikings for the Diplo Bonus.

The Vikings (Kublai Kahn) declare on the Celts (Mansa Musa). After teching Currency, The Indians (lead by Suleiman) DOW on us. They come at us with Trebs/Maces/Crossbowmen/Longbows. We have Skirmishers/Swords/Maces/Catapults. We are not amused.

To add to pain, a rogue barbarian galley does it's rounds on all my clams :) .
I decided not to re build them, as they would only be pillaged again (I cannot build military naval units).

With the Indians and Carthagians destroying us Celtia decides to join in the fun...
Soon we are pounded/beaten/thrashed by the combined forces of 3 Civs to our Capital.
After a Valliant battle that lead to the Summoning of the mighty best Ykagglis, which was so destructive of the IndoCarCelt Forces it thrashed them in such sceens of power that they could never be seen in a low-budget post like this, we where destroyed :king:.

The Good Stuff:
1) We survived until 580BC

The Bad Stuff:
1) The Land and opposing Civ's where against us.
2) We had no navy to protect 1/4 of our food.
3) We where DOW'ed by two civs, one who is technologically advance and the other who is a Madman, after we attepted to war against Carthage.

Yes, it was fun. Yes, it was increduicly annoying and I did pull my hair out occasionaly.
I think I will try this Civ again, a Take 2 if you will.
Seing as I'm doing nothing today (It's Sunday Morning over here) this should be up in an hour or so :rolleyes:

I've actually just about wrapped this game up. There is a loophole in the rules ----> there is nothing stopping you from declaring. Very, very big loophole.

Edit: Victory:

Spoiler :

Settled in place. Ran a standard opening but relying less on tech trade so IW after writing for some great scientists. AIs didn't seem very nice so I abandoned the culture plan and just went sword-cat then treb-mace to wtfdominate the AI. Sure, I couldn't use military civics, so I just put HE in the bureaucracy capitol and settled a few GG's there for spamming CR II siege and melee. Nobody had a reliable answer, maces got superpromoted, and I swept the continent for capitulations. Literally, other than capitol and one other city, once I started conquering I just set workers to auto, cities to emphasize hammers, production automation so the cities would whip/choose what to build, and mowed everyone down.

After engineering I clicked on democracy, then economics, then out to mass media. I thought I was going to fail UN because kublai came up as my opponent (really? My vassal was #2 pop?), but I edged out enough pop. I was building + rush buy mass media wonders and trying to farm up an artist for jewelers/engineer for createcon/merchant for sushi also, just in case I needed late culture.

End civics were all bottom line except free market.

Note that none of this:

1) You are not allowed a navy (Workboats are an exception).
2) You may not demand tribute, be it technology or gold. This doesn't count for Vassalising Civs or Ending Wars. (Thank you Cam H!).
3) You cannot build the Great Lighthouse or The Collosus.
4) You cannot bride other civs into war (Thank you Cam H).
5) You cannot build nuclear weapons.
6) You cannot adopt the civics of Vassalage or Theocracy.
6) You can only win by Culture or the UN.

Disallows heavy aggressive warfare, making this much easier than advertised if you game it. AP would work too.

One more thing: Barb galleys can be spawn busted away via work boats. Once one spawned, I got it to chase a work boat, then sent another one up there to bust the island so that none could appear there again. Last barb galley I ever saw. I dumped it in stalin's land and he killed it for me before I picked him off.

Congratulations TMIT.

great thing on the workboats.
And yeah, I'll fix the loop hole in the future.
Think of this game as a 'tester'.

Top Bottom