Halfway though game Lizzy shows up as a vassal to Churchill

rrau

Emperor
Has this happened with any other civs that people are aware of?

Attachments

• ScreenShot006.jpg
    ScreenShot006.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 517
Yes, it happened when I did it as Lincoln, spawning Roosevelt. Particularly ironic because the colony was to the south of the original "Union."

I was France and about to Declare on England when it happened.....So it was good for me, bad for them;)

Im more surprised that liberalism wasn't founded until 1680!!! WTH!

Yeah, it happened to me. Suddenly this new civ (Justinian) popped up and wanted to talk. So the AI does know how to do it.

That is the AI spinning off some cities as a colony. You can do it too in the domestic advisor...

I didn't know that....Thanks for the info.

In the game i'm playing Bismark just had Fredrick take over the German 3 cities inhabiting my bit of the woods. I was kinda surprised!!! Even more suprised that when doing so Bismark gifted me 3 units!

I played Joao II on a terra map when Bismarck gave Frederick control over his cities in The New World. A bit strange with two German empires on different continents, separated by an ocean, not a wall.

Before I hit the domination limit, I had Churchill down to 1 city and Lizzy was much larger and was still his vassal. Churchill wouldn't capitulate.

It’s not so confusing while one is the vassal of the other one. But has anybody seen an AI colony break away from its master?

I remember reading somewhere that the colonies only break away if you treat them poorly. However, you already have access to all your colony's resources despite the fact they are a separate vassal, so there is no reason to be all pushy and demand stuff from them to make them angry. As far as I know, the AI always avoids angering their colonies.

yeah, my colony vicky broke away....so i took her out w/my tanks and granted independance to it again, w/ a diff leader....all is well w/our relationship now:D

but if they break off again, just take the anachist leader out and install a new one.

I remember reading somewhere that the colonies only break away if you treat them poorly. However, you already have access to all your colony's resources despite the fact they are a separate vassal, so there is no reason to be all pushy and demand stuff from them to make them angry. As far as I know, the AI always avoids angering their colonies.

They'll also lose Vassal status if their Master is turned into someone else's Vassal. This happens pretty often on Big And Small maps. Holy Roman Empire released Spain, Rome, and Germany as colonies, then after a particularly bad war with Roosevelt he capitulated, freeing those three. Not for too long, mind you, since they were quickly conquered by neighbors =)

It adds a nice dynamic to the right maps.

Once you make them a colony, they're a Civ just like any other. They start out with +10 relations though, so you'd have to really work at it to get them even down to Cautious.

Heh, some of the vassals are interesting choices. It was actually worked out really well one time.

Augustus made two colonies......they turned out to be the Byzantines and Holy Rome. I was happy about that.

That kind of made me happy. Then Sitting Bull made America, and it made me cry.

Then I, as Saladin, made Persia and that seemed to make sense...kind of.

Everyone was making colonies on a big and small map....I had to stop because I had the 40 civs mod on and by late game there was something like 35, and I started out with 20. The time between turns was ******ed.

The only time I made a vassal, I was William van Oranje, and so of course my colony was Lincoln... actually, seeing as Lincoln was in the new world of the map, and there were some dutch settlers in the real-life America (new-world), I suppose it sorta makes sense...

Top Bottom