Hall of fame file is crashing the game (May be Fixed)

Yazhao

Chieftain
My games started crashing randomly and this became more and more often. The crash always happened when loading a new game or loading a save. I have tried a clean reinstall of the game, removing all mods, and changing the graphics to lowest. None of the above fixed the crash problem until I remove the hall of fame file found in the game save directory. I am now completely certain now that having my old hall of fame file will crash any new game. Once I delete it, all problems are gone.

The file name is HallofFame.sqlite and it is found in the myuser/document folder.

I really do not want to lose my hall of game record, but certainly this part is broken.

Glitches galore with the expansion, we need a patch now not later.

I'm excited for the patch!!!! Crazy how civ 6 is so good that I'm totally okay playing it knowing a new patch is in the works xD

My games started crashing randomly and this became more and more often. The crash always happened when loading a new game or loading a save. I have tried a clean reinstall of the game, removing all mods, and changing the graphics to lowest. None of the above fixed the crash problem until I remove the hall of fame file found in the game save directory. I am now completely certain now that having my old hall of fame file will crash any new game. Once I delete it, all problems are gone.

The file name is HallofFame.sqlite and it is found in the myuser/document folder.

I really do not want to lose my hall of game record, but certainly this part is broken.

Could you zip it up and post it? We would love to take a look. Thanks!

May be fixed, per patch notes:
  • Hall of Fame: Improved performance of aggregate updates. Also fixed a crash that would occur if one of the Hall of Fame aggregate queries was bad (typically from a mod).

Top Bottom