Hall of Fame is pretty cool.

Archon_Wing

Vote for me or die
If you scroll down, you even get some statistics about what you did. There could be more things but this is decent enough.

As you can see, I haven't conquered that much except for 2 games. Though they should really say over how many games this is.

I need to win another type of victory though....

Yes, the HoF looks very nice, I like good statistics.
But (this is my personal opinion) it is of almost no use for me at this moment, because what is the point of detailed gameplay statistics which don't include data from more than 2 years worth of games? Most of the data are not GS-related, so even this doesn't count as an excuse.
I don't think I'll ever feel the need to check how much barbarians I have killed since February 2019.

Yes, the HoF looks very nice, I like good statistics.
But (this is my personal opinion) it is of almost no use for me at this moment, because what is the point of detailed gameplay statistics which don't include data from more than 2 years worth of games? Most of the data are not GS-related, so even this doesn't count as an excuse.
I don't think I'll ever feel the need to check how much barbarians I have killed since February 2019.
I agree. It's a great feature but to me that just emphasises how good it would have been to have had it from the base game's launch.

It is nice indeed. I'm still not a big fan of the victory screens, but baby steps. I also wish the Civilopedia was accessible from the Main Menu had better explanations of game terms (among them the specific spy missions). That's another thing missing in Civ VI that I hope Firaxis finds time to remedy.

I like it, and I think it would have been a complete waste of time and effort for Firaxis to have made it a priority for Civ6 or R&F.

Does it work with mods?

It's pretty nice and detailed for sure. Though I still think the actual "scoring" system is kinda stupid since it is heavily biased towards domination gameplay. Not that it was any better in Civ V mind you

I love it...

my only gripes

+ You'd think it would have been easy to show map sizes and types on the screen ?
+ I'm not sure I like the separate screens for separate versions... I would have liked to have an option to see ALL my games in one screen... that's why I saved all to save games, wasn't it ?

Anyways... Yes it should have been there from the start, that's very obvious to me. That could have been coded by an intern, for crying out loud !

you can load old saves (if you saved a few turns before a win) and then win the game again to add it to the HoF

I do like it, but it's kind of weird about some things. Like "Religions Founded", for example... why tell me the total number of religions in all my games? Just keep track of the religions that *I've* founded.

It also keep track of your defeats

I won't have any of those. I play an easy enough level that won't happen. Actually I did have a pseudo defeat early on; on Prince level even. Before I knew what a civ having units loiter on your borders meant. And it was Rome. And my lone warrior was wandering around exploring. Yeah that didn't end well, or it wouldn't have had I not ended it before the defeat screen came up. Because even if I do face utter defeat, I won't play until the bitter end. Too bad there's not a statistic for rage quits. :D Not sure how you would measure that...

edit: I'm actually loading all my old saves right now. This is actually quite time consuming. Especially since I keep minimizing and reading other stuff. :) Even with my SSD, the game hangs up when you get victory, or when going back to the main menu after the end game graphs. And I messed up saving some of my final saves when I was above the cultural victory number. The ones exactly at the cultural victory number still work, but not if you are above that number. Yeah I messed up almost all of my pre R&F cultural saves

One thing I'm noticing on loading old save games is how insane the joint war mechanic used to be. Massive joint wars declared against me. Fixing the joint war bug has made the AI too passive now, but before they were too aggressive. Would be nice to have a nice middle ground.

Also noticing because of the walls buff, cities I had reduced to 0 before saving my games now have extra hit points on their walls I need to take off.

Last edited:
I think you are ready for the next level, young Padowan. ;)

The thing is this is the last level where I can get religions and wonders if I want. And it's still the same dull AI; past the beginning it doesn't really matter if it's prince or deity.

The thing is this is the last level where I can get religions and wonders if I want. And it's still the same dull AI; past the beginning it doesn't really matter if it's prince or deity.

Not absolutely true. With the huge bonuses in Immortal/Deity, the AI at least can be a runaway, especially if they are harder to reach, so even after a successful early phase of defeating your neighbor utterly, building up a 19 city empire, in Deity some AI that did the same at the other side of the world can be running away with a victory (exactly my scenario in my present Deity game, I'm about to lose to a SV from a far away runaway AI, even if my game went very well so far).

Try it. You not only need a different type of victory, but also a different type of challenge, judging by your HoF picture. If you want to, that is.

xactly my scenario in my present Deity game, I'm about to lose to a SV from a far away runaway AI, even if my game went very well so far
Sorry for your loss :sad: But truthfully, this is encouraging!

Sorry for your loss :sad: But truthfully, this is encouraging!

Not lost yet, they still have to reach the Exoplanet, and I want to test if there is a way to stop them from arriving (in previous civ iterations, if you took their capital, the spaceship was destroyed, but I don't think anything like that exists in civ 6... then again, maybe it does, in the form of disabling all SPs perhaps...?)

Top Bottom