Hall of Fame is pretty cool.

Nope, I delete (I backed it up first) my hall of fame and game now loads from steam extremely fast like usual (since I got my new computer).

Now I'll put my old file back and see if it gets slow again.

edit: verified, my HallofFame.sqlite is causing the massive slow down in my game. The question is why. Something got corrupted. An entire morning loading save games wasted. Sigh. I didn't load saves games with lots of mods, because I couldn't be bothered to track them down, but I did load some with ynamp mod specifically games played on greatest Earth map. Or maybe it was the number of games in the hall of fame causing issues.

Funny you should mention that. I've been experimenting something similar to this... I mean the slowdown, not any bugs, not any problems with game crashing or anything. But yes, when I booted up GS the first time, I was amazed at how fast it was loading and playing. And then, my startup times went from lightning to slow...like even a little slower than GS. And also, when I load games, it's VERY slow now. And when i COMPLETE a game, it take forever to get from victory screen to main menu now.

I never linked that to the HOF, but I must admit that the timing of the slowdown does fit with me reloading all my old save files and replaying the win to get them into the HOF.

Also, like you, I'm really not a fan of separate HOF screens for different version, with scrolldown menu... really sucks imho.

Anyways, thanks for posting this, if it ever gets too annoying, I'll now I can do something about it

One thing I'm noticing in the Hall of Fame when playing with over 9 players, in the detailed reports/graphs everyone beyond 9 is represented by the blue color. Which makes the graphs very difficult to read. Minor gripe, because the graphs aren't all that important to me anyways.

Top Bottom