1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hall of fame + Mods?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by KroninW, Jul 5, 2012.

1. KroninW

KroninW Chieftain

So I subscribed to the infoaddict mod on steam, and fired up a game. Noticed that I had to go through the mods startup instead of the basic startup, but that doesnt bother me. What DID bother me is that my game didn't show up in my local hall of fame. Am I missing something? I'd be fine with a mod centric hall of fame, or if the hall of fame games still showed up on my standard hall of fame. Am I missing something? Or did the exclude modded games from the hall of fame and not provide a way to track the games you've completed?

I enjoy keeping track of my conquests in the hall of fame for no other reason than a trophy case, but it makes me not want to use mods (even though I love them!) if I can't keep my trophies.

Any help is much appreciated :)

Moderator Action: Moved to C&C.

2. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

There are certainly changes in the code that tracks entries in the HoF but I've not fully investigated the implications for mod use. I think they've done it to differentiate "Vanilla" from "G&K" entries - they may have "broken" it for any games using mods in the process.

3. Roland Ehnström

Roland Ehnström Prince

Is there no way to fix this?

Or a way to manually add entries into the Hall of Fame, like I remember doing with CivIII back in the day...

4. KroninW

KroninW Chieftain

Looking like i'll have to justify not getting achievements and HoF updates if i want to use infoaddict and some of the various map scripts.

5. Torodeboro

Torodeboro Chieftain

Same question here!

6. S3rgeus

S3rgeus Emperor

There is a VictoryMods table in the Hall of Fame database, but I'm not sure if it ever gets used. By default, I don't think wins with mods enabled show up in the hall of fame.