1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hall of fame

Discussion in 'Civ1 - Game of the Month' started by Pikachu, May 11, 2006.

1. Pikachu

Pikachu Emperor

I think we need a GOTM hall of fame, based on all the latest GOTM results.

I have decided to use olympic points for this purpose. I.e. 7 points to the winner, 5 to second place, and 4,3,2,1 for 3rd to 6th place. If more than one person get the same total score, the one with the highest score in the latest GOTM wins.

The reason for choosing this system is because it is easy to use, and of course because it makes me win :D

So here is the list of the best civ1 players ever (based on Goldberg’s GOTM from December 2005, Dack’s GOTMs from March, May, July and September 2006, Goldberg's GOTMs from January and spring 2007, Dack's GOTM from August 2007, Khilak's GOTM from November 2007 and simonnomis GOTMs from December 2007 and May 2008):
    Code:
    Rank	Name		 Score
    [B]
     1      Pikachu           32
     2      Khilak            15
     3      Comrade Aart      15[/B]
     4      Akaneda           14 
     5      KrysiasKrusader   12
     6      Screech           12
     7      Simonnomis        11
     8      Dack              11 
     9      hannurabi          8
    10      Zwelgje            7
    11      Tenochtitlan       6 
    12      Irish Caesar       5
    13      Ifrit9             5
    14      Alex Johnson       5
    15      P3aK               4
    16      Gundus             4

Congratulations to you all :hatsoff:

Attached Files:

2. Pikachu

Pikachu Emperor

The first GOTM was started by Goldberg. The thread for this GOTM can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=147603

The final GOTM challenge was decided to be a price level game, and the objective was to get as many English citizen as possible by 1750 AD.

During this GOTM the objectives, rules and difficulty level were discussed over and over again. Apparently this caused a lot of confusion and made some of the participants play for the wrong objectives.

I have included all the submitted results in the score table anyway. After all we need to fill that score table up somehow!

So here are the official results:

Code:
    Rank      Name             Population        Hall of fame points     comment

[B]1         Akaneda          327,670,000               7               Reached the in-game population limit
    2         Alex Johnson      80,840,000               5
    3         Pikachu           44,140,000               4[/B]
    4         Irish Caesar      22,640,000               3
    5         Tenochtitlan      12,250,000               2		     Played on Emperor level
    6         Dack               1,740,000               1               Played for early conquest, ended game in 1160 BC

3. Pikachu

Pikachu Emperor

The second GOTM was started by Dack. Here is the link for the thread for this GOTM: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=159418

This was a King level game, and the objective was to conquer the planet as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately only two players submitted their results for this GOTM. We all hope for more participants next time :)

Here are the official results:

Code:
    Rank   Name      Year of conquest      Hall of fame points
    [B]1      Zwelgje       1180 AD                   7
    2      Pikachu       1794 AD                   5[/B]

4. Tenochtitlan

Tenochtitlan Supreme Commander

Should I not get a points multiplyer for playing on emperor level? ;)

PS: I am currently playing the May game
    I kinda like the idea of hall of fame

5. Dack

Dack Terra Form Moderator

nice work, way to go.

6. Pikachu

Pikachu Emperor

Sorry. You should play by the rules;)

By the way, why didn’t you submit your May GOTM results?

Thanks!
    I though this was a good idea, but now I realize that I have to update this list every month. Why dont I think before I post? :wallbash:

7. Pikachu

Pikachu Emperor

The goal for the May GOTM was world conquest as early as possible. It was a king level scenario created by Dack. It looks like he designed it to take as long time as possible to play:ack:
    Link to the thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=169425

Unfortunately only two players submitted their resaults, but of course two players are better than no players:)
    Here’s the results:
    Code:
    Rank   Name          Year of conquest       Points
    [B]1      Comrade Aart      1050 AD              7
    2      Pikachu           1800 AD              5[/B]

8. trada

trada civ1 mod Retired Moderator

Good idea Pikachu. :) As well as being a way cool idea this should bring extra pull to those who haven't yet participated in the GOTMs *cough* trada *cough*

Oh, and I love the victory screen you made.. with the avatar and such.. wicked hot :thumbsup:

9. Comrade Aart

Comrade Aart Civ1 diplomat

This looks really well! Thank you for putting so much effort in this, Pikachu!

10. Pikachu

Pikachu Emperor

For the first time in history nobody was able to win the civ1 Game Of The Month! :eek:

The July GOTM was a king level game where all civs started on their own continent, and all the continents were exactly the same. The goal was world conquest as early as possible. It was a quite interesting game, I think. Unfortunately it appears like the enthusiasm for civ1 GOTMs are fading. Only one person (me) posted results this month. Anyway, here’s the list: (if it is called a list when it only contains one name?)

Code:
    Rank   Name          Year of failure       Points
    [B]1      Pikachu           1761 AD              7[/B]

link to the July GOTM thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=174404

11. Tomsa_x

Tomsa_x Chieftain

12. GoldBerg

GoldBerg CivDosPlayer of '91

it makes me wonder (just a little) :crazyeye:

you already ARE at GOTM forums,
    SEE the the conquests, contests and monthly games...?
    do you? :sad:

13. Tomsa_x

Tomsa_x Chieftain

Well ok, but there were 3-4 only? And participation faded from some 8 players to 6-2-2-1-and no contest last month... that is what talked about... Anyway I think I would never get used to it again, I tried three games today and I lost all of them hardly... Perhaps if I started on a lover level I would make it but lol... civ1 means emperor level with 7 civilizations, nothing less:))).

14. Pikachu

Pikachu Emperor

So far, yes, but GOTM is still alive! There will be many more to come (I hope).

True, but with you as a regular player, this trend will surely be reversed :)

The September GOTM is still open. The deadline is November 1. It is too early to judge the participation yet. I am sure someone will submit results when the deadline approaches. Please play the September GOTM and let everybody see how good you are!
    Link to the September GOTM Thread

15. Pikachu

Pikachu Emperor

The September GOTM was a king game on something that looked like a computer generated map. The players were free to choose their own objectives. That could make it hard to find a winner, but since there were only one submission, that was not a problem anyway. Here are the results:

Code:
    Rank   Name              Score          Points
    [B]1      Pikachu           1352              7[/B]

link to the September GOTM thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=185094

16. trada

trada civ1 mod Retired Moderator

Nice win Pikachu :p

17. Pikachu

Pikachu Emperor

Apparently the GOTM is still alive :hatsoff:
    I am sorry for neglecting my duties lately. Anyway, here’s the official results from January 2007 GOTM. This was a king level scenario created by Goldberg. No objectives were stated, but since the objective of most GOTMs have been to win as quickly as possible, I guess the same will work for this one? Apparently nobody submitted their savegames for this GOTM, so the result are based on what the participats have written in the GOTM thread. The January 2007 GOTM thread can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=201313

And then to the score list:

Code:
    Rank   Name             End year   Hall of fame points       Comment
    [B]1      Dack              780 AD        7
    2      Ifrit9           1700 AD ?      5                       End year is estimated based on Ifrit9’s statement that he won shortly after 1685
    3      Tenochtitlan     1826 AD        4[/B]
    4      Comrade Aart     1832 AD        3 

18. Pikachu

Pikachu Emperor

The ‘Knowledge’ Scenario is a king level scenario created by Goldberg. It was first released as GOTM in February 2007, and then re-released in May as Spring GOTM 2007. The February version apparently had a bug that was fixed in the spring version. I have treated these two GOTM releases as one since they basically are the same scenario. Nobody posted results for the revised version anyway.

No objectives were stated, but I assume winning as early as possible is the implicit objective? It doesn’t really matter, though, since only one person submitted results. So here’s the oficcial result:

Code:
    Rank   Name             End year   Hall of fame points
    [B]1      Screech          1400 AD        7[/B]

The February / Spring GOTM threads can be found here:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=205568
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=219892

19. Khilak

Khilak Chieftain

Pikachu, i shall post my saved game here (Dack's scenario August) and i hope you will rate my performance in the Hall of Fame :D

I love CIV I haha

20. Screech

Screech Chieftain

I don't think I ever actually posted my files. So here they are. This was the May 2006 version, before the bug fix.

edit: I uploaded the wrong files. Civil0 is some other game. Civil8 files are for the GOTM. Also, after I made my post in the GOTM thread, I replayed the map, and finished in 140AD. Civil8 is that game.