Hall of fame

Pikachu, i shall post my saved game here (Dack's scenario August) and i hope you will rate my performance in the Hall of Fame :D

I love CIV I haha
Your performance shall be rated when the time is right. Some time after the next GOTM is released, I guess. I hope you will become a regular GOTM player here. You need to play many more GOTMs in the future to beat me in this Hall of Fame, you know :D

Please post your saves in the August GOTM thread.

I don't think I ever actually posted my files.
Thank you for your save game files. I am impressed that you still have them after all these months. Do you usually keep your saves this long?

I hope you too will become a regular GOTM player. It is good to see some activity on this forum again. Maybe this GOTM idea finally can work out as intended.

Just for the record, the save games should have been posted in the February / Spring GOTM thread. But don’t worry, I will find it anyway, wherever you post it :)

Pika, i would like to know which GOTM's are still open for scoring in the HOF

With few players on the run, i can't see why we are "closing" games in HOF.

Nevertheless, i shall try to play more of them and tell the stories and post the results , just for fun

:D Thanks all

Thank you for your save game files. I am impressed that you still have them after all these months. Do you usually keep your saves this long?

I tend to play in spurts. I'll play a couple of times in a week and then not play for months. Plus I usually complete a game in 1 sitting, so I rarely have saved games at all.

Pika, i would like to know which GOTM's are still open for scoring in the HOF

With few players on the run, i can't see why we are "closing" games in HOF.
I was thinking that once the results from a GOTM are rated in the hall of fame, the list stands forever without any future modifications. By this policy only the 2007 August GOTM is still open. You do make a valid point though, but what about all the proud winners of earlier GOTMs? Is it really fair to suddenly take away this glory from them?

What do the rest of you loyal GOTM players think about this?

I was thinking that once the results from a GOTM are rated in the hall of fame, the list stands forever without any future modifications. By this policy only the 2007 August GOTM is still open. You do make a valid point though, but what about all the proud winners of earlier GOTMs? Is it really fair to suddenly take away this glory from them?

What do the rest of you loyal GOTM players think about this?

I have no problem with this. There should only be 1 open GOTM at a time, IMO. I played and posted the January 2007 just for fun and comparison - I agree it would be unfair if it counted.

Well, Screech, we have then a long way until we catch up with Pikachu...maybe we can trade technologies??

:goodjob:

Suddenly the participation in the GOTM has increased a lot. 5 people played the August 2007 GOTM :goodjob:
This was a half played king level game provided by Dack. The thread is located here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=230736

No goals were specified, so earliest win is what counts for the hall of fame. So here are the official results:

Code:
Rank   Name             End year    Hall of fame points    Victory condition
[B]1      Simonnomis       1847 AD           7                    Space ship
2      Screech          1892 AD           5                    Space ship
3      Khilak           1905 AD           4                    Space ship[/B]
4      Dack             1906 AD           3                    Conquest
5      Pikachu          1875 AD           2                    Space ship loss

And my november's GOTM? I will not be the first but at least i will be in the list :D

Can I not participate in Augusts GOTM anymore? :(

I recently only played the November GOTM. :S

If you want to close the HOF I can imagine though. August is a long time ago. ;)

PS: August game completed. Won in the year 1873AD with spacerace victory.

Can I not participate in Augusts GOTM anymore? :(
I think we have agreed that new contributions will not be rated after the hall of fame has been updated for that GOTM, so unfortunately you are too late. You should have announced your intensions and I would have waited for your results.

Anyway, thanks for telling about your game. That was interesting reading. I’ll check out your files later.

We have made history! The November GOTM had more submissions than any GOTM ever before. This is great :) I hope most of you guys will play the December GOTM some time too.

The November GOTM was an Emperor level game created by Khilak. The goal was to reach Alpha Centauri as early as possible. The GOTM thread is located here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=250735

And here are the results:
Code:
Rank   Name                Reached Alpha   Hall of fame points
[B]1      KrysiasKrusader       1585 AD             7
2      Comrade Aart          1808 AD             5
3      Khilak                1870 AD             4[/B]
4      hannurabi             1913 AD             3
5      Irish Caesar          1926 AD             2
6      simonnomis            1979 AD             1
7      Pikachu               2129 AD             0

The December 2007 GOTM was a christmas theme game at king level created by simonnomis. The goal was to reach Alpha Centauri as early as possible, and a peaceful approach was encouraged. The GOTM thread is located here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=253835

Code:
Rank   Name                Reached Alpha   Hall of fame points
[B]1      akaneda                 20 BC             7
2      KrysiasKrusader        760 AD             5
3      Gundus                1772 AD             4[/B]
4      simonnomis            1848 AD             3
5      Pikachu               1905 AD             2

In May simonnomis released a World War II scenario as the GOTM. The game was at king level and the objective was of course conquest of Germany. The GOTM thread is located here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=276242

Code:
Rank   Name                Win year   Hall of fame points
[B]1      Khilak              2040 AD             7
2      hannurabi           2076 AD             5
3      P3aK                unknown             4[/B]

Top Bottom