1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

hall of fame?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by Daedwartin, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Daedwartin

Daedwartin Emperor

Could we perhaps have a hall of fame in this forum subsection to record the most impressive, most hilarious, most grimdark games this forum has had.
    If so, the first addition I can think of would be a grimdark/impressive

Hydromancerxa as I dubbed it. It's the Drell from ME homeworld but worse. Their is no one to save them from the choking atmosphere. Impressively, they from what is known its a stable politically up top, for neither faction would likely be strong enough on their own to defeat another. Obviously terraforming will be a key tech...if it wasnt likely hundreds of turns or maybe thousands away for even the most advanced nation. It will be a long hall, but what lands it as grimdark is they In-universe likely have lost hope. If you wanted the Eternal War in Civ 4, this is almost their. Hydro is weaker due to rebellions, but they are well off compared to the new world, which is now likely going to be the new war grounds. This is a world of sand. Tatooine likely had less sand in its deserts...and at least the air their is clean

2. CIVPlayer8

CIVPlayer8 Prince

Hydromancer, can you post a save game? I always find looking at save games interesting, for some reason. :) Anyways, global warming has ruined the entire world, but from what I gather, he is still in Industrial era? :eek:

3. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I already posted it here since I cannot seem to load the game with the current SVN. But can still load it with a earlier SVN version. If anyone cn fix it so I can play the game again that would be great.

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

So in my current game I have an epic story. It all started out much like other games I have played, where I am in in the Old World and slowly make my way across the content taking over all the other nations until there is just me. And for awhile life way good under my rule.

Then after years of peace and isolation from the rest of the globe discovered how to cross the sea. well at least get my borders close enough to another island to explore it. There were backwards people and it seemed like good pickings. So I began to take them over. And even learned optics and astronomy so I could explore other lands. My empire was getting huge and I was paying for it.

That's when the trouble started. A small rebellion started in the old world. I could pay them off for awhile, but soon I discovered while out conquering other lands I had not been paying attention to my crime. Before I new it a mass rebellion spread across my empire and my main army was over seas.

I tried to stop it but before I knew it my empire had split into 5 or 6 new nations. I even made the new colonies independent because they were costing too much. My oldest cities managed to stand their ground. Mainly because they were in the polar terrain. I had a horrible start but this start actually helped save me from getting completely wiped out.

The old empire had many wonders and cultures from peace time and I even got Clockpunk. So I had some Clockwork Golems around, but even they got massacred at the speed the many rebel troops fought back. Some that broke off were not the old cultures I conquered but new ones from me. Which ment they had my technology, and now wonders and resources too.

Sulphur and horses were all gone. The city that had the Clockpunk Wonder was razed. It was looking bad. Their units were more powerful than mine. All seemed lost and I would just have to start a new game. But just then I had an idea. ... Dogs. Not just a few dogs, TONS off dogs. Using one hero, 4 left over Cuirassiers and a massive army of dogs I was able to take back my empire in the old world.

I was literally the "underdog". So if all seems lost and you lack any resources to build any unit. Remember man's best friend. Because without them I would have never gotten my empire back.

5. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

Fascinating story!

That´s really ironic, this is happening to the inventor of crime :lol: (inventor in c2c not in real life :mischief: ).

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Well I think it was a combo of the slavery changes and crime. I had like a TON of unhappy and unhealthy. Basically it was a massive slave rebellion.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Interesting and well expressed tale there H!

I still wonder if the property mechanism isn't a little bugged still...

8. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

I am still playing my Hidalgo of Aotearoa (ie. Maori) save that I started in April last year. I have been in the Renaissance since August, but am now one turn away from Steam ie. the Industrial revolution.

I won domination in the mid 3rd century AD. That was three centuries ago.

At this rate it may be 2016 (much earlier in-game of course:D) before I reach the modern era.

9. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

If you want a different style of game, try using the 'Quick' speed setting. I'm currently doing such a game and I've gotten into the Modern era while the game is still at ~35000 BC.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

lol... that game would be madness! I played a test on normal the other day and if all the little unit interactions and waiting for time to move on is tiring to a player they'd probably quite like that speed. I hate it... I like an era to be a day's worth of play at least! (I like to think of each era as its own unique game within the game.)