1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by sav, Feb 11, 2018.

1. sav

sav Prince

2. sav

sav Prince

3. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

It's not back in, scoring did get kind of fixed though, it's now realistic to get to the top of the table.

Also, historic moments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hall of fame. No kidding. It's amazing. Who needs a hall of fame when you got a timeline detailing everything you did during the game?

Haig likes this.
  4. TomKQT

TomKQT Prince

It's something completely different.
    A Hall of Fame in CivV for me was an overview of how many games I played (I finish 99,9 % of my games if I get past the first 15 minutes) for each leader, what kind of victory did I get and how fast and how well approximately did I play (score).
    The timeline in R&F is only about one game and when I finish the game, I cannot see it anywhere (unless I load an old save).

comatosedragon and Noble Zarkon like this.
  5. Silverdawn

Silverdawn Prince

I also always liked the "animated" map in the Hall of Fame that showed who owned which hexes each turn. A neat summary of how the empire grew over time.

jbavon likes this.
  6. sav

sav Prince

Oh man. The Hall of Fame is one of the key drivers for me to finish a game and start a new one. Without it, I feel like winning (or just losing) is a bit empty.

7. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

A lot of that is honestly solved with the historic moments. There's no permanent record, but you keep doing awesome stuff all game long and really, that's what matters to me. The only hall of fame I need is the one that is in my head, where I remember a game from months ago because it was so amazing, and the historic moments timeline helps with that a LOT, as do dark and golden ages (I'll NEVER forget how yesterday evening I got into a Dark Age and then managed to get a Heroic Age for the first time, absolutely amazing). A score just doesn't do it for me.

8. TomKQT

TomKQT Prince

For me the Hall of Fame never was about the score and it wasn't any kind of motivation to finish games. Just (as I already said) a very nice remainder of who/what/when/how I played. I don't play so often so it can take me months to play one game as every leader and then, when I have to start playing the civs for the second time, it used to be very usefull in Civ V to be able to see who was the leader I played the longest time ago and whether I can for example try a different kind of victory etc. Sure, I could write this on a piece of paper, but it was nice when the game did this for me.

9. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

To be fair, if you need a month for a game (or, as you say, even longer), you can just look at Steam achievements, there's over 30 civs in the game, you won't be done for another few years.

Not trying to argue against hall of fame here (I understand it's a nice feature), but I do kinda feel like people are over-emphasizing it.

10. TomKQT

TomKQT Prince

Lol, no, you misunderstood me. It took me months to finish my first round of 1 game per each leader. Not that EACH of these games took so long. When I play a game, I finish it in few days, but I might take a long break between the games ;)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  11. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

Such a highly requested feature and I assume very easy to implement. Firaxis doesn't seem to bother. :confused:

12. TomKQT

TomKQT Prince

Btw, I don't want Hall of Fame anymore, it wouldn't be much usefull for me if they added it now. For the statistic purposes I used to use it in Civ5, it has to be active since my first game.

But if the game has been storing the information about finished games without displaying it anywhere and the new Hall of Fame would also include all your past games, then of course I would welcome its addition to the game ;)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018