[GS] Hall of fame?

alcibiades73

Chieftain
Hi all,

Been an age since I've been on here, does anybody know whether there will be a Hall of fame added in this new expansion or have we just given up on that now?

Just wondering if this stack of saved games I have saved can be used to stock up my hall of fame. :)

Anyone know if this is for all versions of the game or just Gathering Storm?

Just wondering if this stack of saved games I have saved can be used to stock up my hall of fame. :)

Anyone know if this is for all versions of the game or just Gathering Storm?
That's a very good question. I don't recall them saying one way or other. They have said that some changes - like the chopping overflow adjustment - will be applied to all versions of the game, so it's entirely possible.

I would love it if all my past wins just showed up with the base game patch that comes with GS. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Amplitude did that when they latter added a hall of fame to Endless Space 2, but I'd be a little surprised if Firaxis did...

I'd love if the map animation also returned showing the territory each civ has each year. But I expect the era score timeline means that won't happen.

from memory, I do believe that they said that it would come to the base game as well, but weather the patch will allow you to open up old saves is not yet confirmed, but history would say probably not

What if you save a current game the turn before you win? Then after GS is released, load the game and hit next turn.

Recently there was a discussion here about whether we want HoF in some future update and I said no, not anymore. Because what's the point of adding a HoF now when I've already played so many games? I loved this feature in Civ5, because it allowed me to check which civs did I play already and what king of victory (and other conditions) I used. But it was there from the very first version of the game, not added few years later.
So, it's nice that they are adding it to Civ6, but I really don't care at this moment, it's almost useless now.

(I have all saves - well, at least the first one and the last one before winning - so I would be able fill my HoF even with older games, but considering the loading time, that would be really boring work :) And I would lose one of the most important information for me - how long ago did I play as a particular civ.)

Last edited:
What if you save a current game the turn before you win? Then after GS is released, load the game and hit next turn.

I've been doing exactly this from the beginning, hoping the HOF would come back... I have all my saves from the turn just before the win... but honestly, I don't expect that I'll be able
to get these games in the HOF at the end, I expect it to be only available for GS games onwards...

That's too bad, it was always a feature I enjoyed after wrapping up a game.

They could even integrate the era timeline moments into it. That is, have the map dominate the replay screen but include a sidebar which displays the era point achievements as time passes. Maybe you could pause the replay to read specific ones, or maybe an option to have it auto-pause, but often the graphical image is enough to remind you of what happened.

That's too bad, it was always a feature I enjoyed after wrapping up a game.

They could even integrate the era timeline moments into it. That is, have the map dominate the replay screen but include a sidebar which displays the era point achievements as time passes. Maybe you could pause the replay to read specific ones, or maybe an option to have it auto-pause, but often the graphical image is enough to remind you of what happened.
That would be really nice. Maybe if there's a third expansion?

I've been doing exactly this from the beginning, hoping the HOF would come back... I have all my saves from the turn just before the win... but honestly, I don't expect that I'll be able
to get these games in the HOF at the end,

Yeah I have quite a few. Maybe I play too much. They are still sitting there in my save folder... waiting... waiting for a chance to shine. Though I think I may have messed a couple of my cultural victory saves up, you have to save the turn BEFORE you win, not the turn you win, or the win screen won't pop up when you reload.

With the different patches, it's hard to say. My modded games I don't expect to work at all. But perhaps my unmodded games will. If they don't work, I may eventually move them to a different folder. Having too many saves in there seems to slow the saving (hard saving that is) process.

Top Bottom