[GS] Hall of Fame...

Tech Osen

Emperor
Just wondering how far other people are with filling up all the civs and victory conditions. I don't have as much time to play these days but I'm still a bit ocd'ing on filling it up. I'm over halfway there and it's kindda bugging me cause I rather play specific civs I enjoy. :hammer2:

It's hopeless. Since I like playing long games and don't have much time for playing I'm far from halfway through... :undecide:
But it makes fun nevertheless and I go for different civs and victory conditions everytime on purpose! :king:

Mine is completely empty.

I've completed games with about 1/4 of the civs now. I still don't have a religion or score victory.

Honestly, releasing the Hall of Fame so long after initial release is more of a slap in the face to the players than a good addition to the game. They should at least allow for some form of online check of Steam trophies so that it automatically populates the HoF. I'm not going to invest another 500 hours in the game just to fill up the HoF.

The Hall of Fame needs to be in from day one when Civ7 arrives (I can however tolerate that they spend a few years getting the replay in the game like they did with V)

It is a bit annoying that my old games aren't in, other than the handful I was able to reload (mods didn't allow me to reload most of them), but I mostly look at the GS screen, which is slowly filling up.

If there's a fourth expansion, and I like it, I'll likely focus on filling up the screen for it; I can't see myself going back and playing all the vanilla civs with the vanilla or R&F ruleset, and probably not all of them in GS, either.

If the HOF had been there at the beginning, I can see myself being completionist about it, but not with it coming so late.

Honestly, releasing the Hall of Fame so long after initial release is more of a slap in the face to the players than a good addition to the game.
I politely have to disagree. I would have preferred having it in from day one, too. But since it wasn't I really appreciate FXS effort and inclusion into the game!

I always save 3 files per game. 4000BC, turn before win and turn on win. I haven't bothered to do it but I could reload each one and complete again. Should populate?

I still don't have a religion or score victory.

Missing those two too. I just don't care much for the RV and a score victory is only gonna happen when I turn culture and science victory off I guess. And I refuse to cheese them! :p

Just wondering how far other people are with filling up all the civs and victory conditions. I don't have as much time to play these days but I'm still a bit ocd'ing on filling it up. I'm over halfway there and it's kindda bugging me cause I rather play specific civs I enjoy. :hammer2:

I had to cheese it to do it (custom game ending on at the end of turn 1, legendary start so I've have a great chance of starting next to a natural wonder) to fill up the leaders I didn't have much interest in.

I brought this up before but I have like no variety and often just play the same strat repeatedly because I don't like how it turned out. And there are acutally a few leaders that should be there but I quit because I got bored.

Last edited:
i am on a quest to win with every civilization in odd ways lol it will take a long time , but it is fun. but i am no where near completing this. i used to play just the civs i liked for a particular game style. and say win with with a desert civ on a cold map or something like that, but now i do this. i prefer longer games too. but with civ 6 i often play regular standard time on a huge map/.. for me the game seems to best in balance than although i would love to try epic games again. it seems civ6 gs is not best suited for my favorite marathon games

Since I like playing long games and don't have much time for playing I'm far from halfway through.

I love long games as well. Will not play anything less than epic speed and huge map.

I did fill up Spain recently, so happy about that. But before that I played Dido which I already played twice before. But I really love Dido, she's hard to resist. :D I should be playing more vanilla and R&F civs, but I admit some of the GS civs seem more interesting to me.

I'm at 20 out of 46. I still want to fill all these up, at least for Gathering Storm. I don't care about the other tabs. I know I loaded all my old saves at one time, but that caused a hall of fame bug (which has since been patched), and I deleted the HOF file and started from scratch (except GS games). I could reload those games, but I won't bother. I'm not interested in filling up R&F and Vanilla tabs or the scenarios.

Some civs like Scythia I really don't like, and it will be a long time before I ever fill that one up.

I always save 3 files per game. 4000BC, turn before win and turn on win. I haven't bothered to do it but I could reload each one and complete again. Should populate?

Don't bother... It will take an awful long time to load each and refinish, and then... they are saved either in Classic or Rise and Fall separate screens, apart from Gathering Storm counts. For me, that was a heartbreaker ;-(

@tedhebert Good point. I probably won't bother then. That is a good thing though, comparing like for like? Of course, they could add a combined screen.

Hmm... I've not even looked at HoF... didn't seem a lot of point when I had played all the Civs, difficulties, speeds, and sizes, before GS. Might have a look now, see what it does show!

It's interesting because you can go over the graphs of old games. It can give you an interesting visual on how different civs/strategies perform. I'm not filling it up for the sake of filling it up but I'm enjoying that aspect of it.

I'm over halfway there and it's kindda bugging me cause I rather play specific civs I enjoy.
I'm at 22 but not in a riush specifically to fill it, no OCD here, I just like to have played all the civs to be able to speak about them. For example I have not played spain for a long time and need to ... but justy started another Victoria game because I just want to.

I'll get there eventually but not having much time to play makes it a bit of a drag. My Scotland game has been going on for two weeks (standard speed) but spaceship is finally on it's way so almost done.

All my games I play random leader. If I think a victory is going to be too long, or I just get tired of that game, I quit and restart. I just completed a score victory. I was 1 turn from a Science one, but ran out of time. Gotten RV twice. Once as Spain, the other as India (Ghandi)

Top Bottom