1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hall of Thundering Hooves

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by blastoidstalker, Apr 7, 2008.

1. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

Here me all who populate this great city.

I am Clydus, steward of the Blastoid and caretaker of his lands. I would like to invite you all to the plains to the west of your great city or Arete to visit our tent, the newly anoited Hall of the Thundering Hooves.

This is a place a place to come for training and entertainment in the ways of the hoof. The horses are still running wild now but we hope to tame them and run Chariot races!!!!!

While here make sure to visit the Abbott of the Horses, Pat123 of the Brothers Material. He has looking to found a following of brothers who wish to study the ways of the horse and care for the heard.

Come one, come all to see the beaty of these creatures that Giruvegan blessed us with.

2. blastoidstalker

The Hall of thundering Hooves announces the first Horse Race. It will be a 2 mile gallop along the edges of the halls fences.

The prize is Three strong steads. One stalion and two Mares. All Three Strong and Fertile for breeding.

In order to enter you must post in thius thread your character that wished to race and give them 15 points divided amoung three stats. A maximum of 10 can be given for any stat.

Strength
    Agility
    Horse Sense

The first two affect results in the race and the third affects order to select your stead.

On Thursday A list of horses with descriptions will be given and the contestants can choose there steeds in order of Horsemanship rating, with a tie in rating going to the first to select that rating.

On Monday or Tuesday of next week the race will occur.

3. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

As Brother of Marble, I will trust Pats judgement for my horses. But im in with a strength of 3, agility of 5, and horsemanship of 7... (pets horse exactly like patt... "goooood little archer killer, gooooood horsey"

4. Duke Blackstone

Can IWMF host and the Brothers Material provide Food and Beer for the race? Also we would be willing to take a small friendly wagers that Pat will win.. Say 1,000 gold coins? We will give you 5 to 1 odds.

5. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I'm in -- strength 4, agility 5, horsemanship 6.

Interesting that the horsemanship doesn't factor into the race...

6. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

I'll be in as well.

Strength: 6
    Agility: 6
    Horsemanship: 3

7. blastoidstalker

I chanbge the attirubte to Horse sense to more accuretly reflect its use.

3 so far! Encourage others to join as i would like a race of 5 or more.

I am hoping to find some pictures of the fine steads you can chose from!

8. blastoidstalker

Most certainly!!

9. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Strength:6
    Agility:5
    Horsemanship:4

10. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I just completed the collected chronicled history of Arete, "The In-Triad" (See main forum citizen registry), written on 100 pig-hides, so I hope that I can be given a horse as an award for this, now that I finally earnt it. I am also a descendant of Prochon, that discovered our lands barefooted some thousands of years ago.

Provolition the Sage said to the Blastoid Horsewhisperer.

11. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I'm in give me 5's all the way around.

12. blastoidstalker

I hearby gift Night-Strider, A surefooted and powerfull stallion to Provolution the Sage as a gift for his efforts in recording the history of this land, and the aid his ancestors gave to The Blastoid during the long march of the Prochon warband.

Attached Files:

13. blastoidstalker

Here are the steeds available for the race. The order of picking is al follows.

Duke Blackstone
    Dave Shack
    Lord Civius
    Vandal Warlord
    Civ Playah
    Aluminum Knight

You may either announce your steed choices in the thread or PM me. If you are lower on the list, make sure to give me an ordered list, as the first choice may be taken. You will have until Monday 0:00 GMT to select your steed, if you do not do so then others behind you will move in front of you in line. The race will begin Tuesday morning with 4 turns, representing quarters of the race. Each quarter will take 1 day.

During each quarter you may chose to hang back (reducing speed and conserving endurance), race in the pack (moderate speed and endurance) or burst ahead (high speed and costing endurance). If you doi not respond I will assume you are racing in the pack.

Stats
    Speed- How fast the horse can run
    Endurance- How long the Horse can run fast
    Temper- How difficulty the horse is to handle. The higher the temper the more likely one is to fall off of it.

Agility plays the largest role in staying on the horse
    Strength has an effect on staying on and speed as one can control the horse better

Hazel Eyes
    Stallion
    Speed- 8
    Endurance – 7
    Temper - 8

Pawney
    Stallion
    Speed – 2
    Endurance – 10
    Temper - 1

Black Wind
    Mare
    Speed – 10
    Endurance – 4
    Temper - 7

Scarn
    Stallion
    Speed – 6
    Endurance – 9
    Temper - 6

Firefly
    Mare
    Speed – 7
    Endurance – 5
    Temper - 4

Grey Wind
    Mare
    Speed - 6
    Endurance - 6
    Temper - 5

14. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Ill join(if not to late!)

Strength:4
    Agility:6
    Horse Sense:5

15. blastoidstalker

Got you in, just barely.

16. Duke Blackstone

I will take Hazel Eyes.

(what does horse sense help? If its endurance give me Black Wind please)

17. blastoidstalker

Horse sense determined order that you pick the horses. It represents how well you can judge the qualoity of the horse. You had the highest horse sense, thus you get to pick first, the best horse. It does not effect your ability to judge the state of the horse during the race, this would be to complicatecd fore me. I will give all riders and equal indication of how tired there horse is.

18. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Is the game running? Is there room for another? Or will you be hosting a new race soon?

19. blastoidstalker

This game has started with the picking of the horses. SO it is to late to join the race. It will run through next week. The week after that i plan to start a second one, I am thinking of a contest to help train our new Horse Archers, how to ride a horse and fire a bow at the same time. So check in at the end of next week.

20. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I was planning on running an Archery tournament in Warlords City soon. Perhaps we can bring our 2 tourneys together. The First Aretan Festival or something of that nature.