Hall of Thundering Hooves

Halfway Through The Race
At the half way point Lord Civius is just under two horse lengths ahead on Black Wind. Black Wind's tongue is starting to loll though and appears to be getting tired. Despite his near falls Vandal warlord is riding in second and his steed, grey wind appears in solid shape. Unnoticed in all the commotion has been some strong running by Civ-Playah on firefly, who is now in third about a horse length behind vandal, though Firefly’s veins are just starting to bulge. Half a length behind Firefly is Dave Shack on Scarn, Who seems to be bidding him time and appears very strong. Now five Horse lengths behind Scarn is Pawney, still chugging away on his short legs and appearing very strong as well. Now up on his feat Duke is screaming at Hazel Eyes , who is happily munching away.

The Turn
As the racers move towards the final two turns, the pack picks up the past, while Black Wind, who is tiring in the lead starts to pull up to conserve strength. Firefly leads the charge, coming up to the head of the pack and grey wind, with vandal still uncomfortably in the saddle joins him. Scarn falls behind the two horses, unable to gain ground on Grey wind and losing it to the suddenly fleet firefly. At the turn the two horses come up upon Blackwind and just begin to pass her at exit to the final straight away. In the back Pawney is still going slow but steady, as fast as her little legs can carry her. The Duke regains his horse and starts to ride again, only to be again rudely dumped on the ground and hazel eyes returns to her grazing.:deadhorse:

At the entrance to the final straightaway Grey Wind is in the lead by a head, followed closely by both Firefly and Blackwind. All three horses look tired and there muscles can be seen tightening beneath there skin. Scarn sits two horse lengths behind and still looks solid. Pawney is 5 lengths father back, looking as strong as ever, and Duke is on the ground in the backstretch, again.

We have 3 horses neck to neck?
Will Vandal keep his slight lead?
Will Civ-Playah over take him?
Will Black Wind put the jets on again and just blow by?
Will Strong Scarn, move past them all in a final Push?
Or will they all crash in one giant heap and Pawney will ride to victory

Turn in Saturday for the final stretch.

For the remaining players you need to give me orders by Noon Saturday GMT for fourth quarter of the race. Your options as always

Pull back and ride easy ;)
Race steady :)
Push hard!!! :aargh:

I changed it, Thanks

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. Will I just ride steady, and hope the other horses fall behind of tiredness, or will I ride strong and hope Firefly endures?

My choice....

Keep up a fast pace and win this thing!

Collapse in a giant heap! Seriously, I've been pushing Pawney hard the whole race but we're still behind.

"Come on, Pawney baby! Show me what you got! Push hard to the finish!"

Collapse in a giant heap! Seriously, I've been pushing Pawney hard the whole race but we're still behind.

"Come on, Pawney baby! Show me what you got! Push hard to the finish!"

Unfortuantly, Pawney is just plain slow. But he is gentle and kind as well:)

Sorry to delay the end of the race but RL got busy this weekend. I will post results on Monday.

The Final Stretch

Heading into thew final stretch there is are three horses running neck to neck with Scarn stalking just behind. As they exit the turn Lord Civius gives Blackwind a slap on the but and she come allive out of her slumber, pushing back into the lead. Both Vandal and Civ Playah are started by this sudden jump and push hard to keep on her heals. Just behind Scarn is slowly inchinmg up on the leaders, running the fastest he has run the whole race. Even Pawnee has caught the spirit, though a ways back is running at a clip to rival the leaders.

As they approach the finish line all three of the front horses are obvously tiring and slowing down, but Balck winds 3 quarter rest seems to have given her just enough to keep going and she pulls about a horselength ahead of the two others, A charging scarn catches and passes Firefly and looks to move farther formeward.

But runs out of time.

Lord Civius on Blackwind crosses the line First, followed a length behind by Vandal who edges out a charging Daveshack by a head. Closely behind them comes Civ-Playah. About 4 horse lengths behind is Pawnee starting to catch up but just to far behind to make a seriuous move. Duke still lies on the backstretch muttering at Hazel Eyes.

Congratulations Lord Civius you have won our first horserace.:king:

You may pick three steeds from the race as your own.:)

Congratulations for all the participants for a fantastic and entertaining race. :woohoo: You have all earned 1 experience point for futre races. The next time you enter a race, you have 1 free point to allocate to your stats.

P.S. If you want the spreadsheet that I made for this race ask me and I will send it to you, it will not post as an attachment. It is interesting to note that Duke would have likjely won the race if he had not fallen off and Vandal was extremely lucky in his random numbers. If Lord Civius would have gotten Duke's, Aluminum Night's or Vandal's staying on horse random numbers he woiuld have been off of his horse instead of winning.

Woohoo! That was a close one. Wasn't sure if she would make it. I take it Black Wind was just a loner for the race so I'll take him. I'll come by the Stables later and pick out the other 2. I will undoubtly be trading them for Dyes from Tintura so our AFL players can have uniforms.

Thanks to all of the other racers for a good hard race :goodjob:.

P.S. If you want the spreadsheet that I made for this race ask me and I will send it to you, it will not post as an attachment.

If you put the file in a zip file and post the zip file as an attachment it should work :)

Nice job, Civius! You surely earned the title of Lord!

Gimme that spreadsheet, Blastoid. I wanna see how my luck was.

here is the spreadsheet. You can ask any questions for the mechanics.

I am thinking of doing another race soon. This time I am going to introduce the whip to the equation. I am going to play around with the mechanics and get them figured out so i can post the mechanics at the outset, now that i am getting the hang of this.

Attachments

• horserace2.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 74
The next Great Horse race is about to begin

Top Bottom