1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HallofFame.sqlite causing massive slowdowns/cpu usage games not loading

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Disgustipated, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Verified by backing up then deleting HallofFame.sqlite and then game boots up from steam at normal speed. Where as after spending all morning loading old save games, my HallofFame.sqlite became corrupted somehow and caused Civ6 to slow down to a crawl, cpu usage to shoot up, and some games won't load at all. Also Final victory screens would take several minutes to load. The problem became worse and worse as more games were put into the hall of fame.

Not sure if this is a problem with my hall of fame games (no major mods, but some were played with Ynamp) or just too many games in general causes this.

Deleting the file returns speed to normal, putting the file back in place causes it to slow down again.

Gathering Storm version: 1.0.0.290 (405094) My file size before I backed it up was 118,852 kb.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. Yazhao

Yazhao Chieftain

I had the same problem as you, except that it starts to crash my game now. See my post for details. I hope they fix it.

3. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Would love to see the sqllite file if you wouldn't mind zipping it and attaching it. Thanks!

4. Yazhao

Yazhao Chieftain

Here is the file.

Attached Files:

5. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Thanks for this. We've repro'd the issue and are working on a solution.

6. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

Thank you very much for posting this, I made the exact same observations. I was already afraid that I had to buy a new computer to continue playing my favourite game.