1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Hammers from Religious Buildings

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Boris the Brutal, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Boris the Brutal

Boris the Brutal Chieftain

I can't work out how sometimes I get 2 hammers from religious buildings on this mod. In Rhyes and fall it seems to be linked to controlling the apostolic palace but not on this game. I had it with Turkey who had Islam but haven't managed it with any of religion. I'm pretty sure my civics are the same too. Any ideas?

2. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Chieftain

It sounds like you're talking about DoC, rather than base RFC. In DoC, it's tied to the Hagia Sofia, if I recall correctly.

3. Logoncal

Logoncal Chieftain

Indeed. The Apostolic Palace in DoC is a shrine and the +2P from religious buildings is tied on Haghia Sophia.

KEEP IN MIND, that expires with Machine Tools, the tech in current DoC that unlocks factories.

4. Enyavar

Enyavar Chieftain

It can still be that Boris means the AP production bonus in original RFC, where all civs get the bonus. As far as I remember, you don't even need to follow the AP religion yourself, just need to have the temples and/or monasteries.

However, you can still permanently lose the bonus long before obsoletion, especially if you defy a resolution. Even as the "villain" status eventually recovers, the AP bonus is never restored.

... or Boris means DoC, then Logoncal and Jarlaxe are right.