1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hammuraby's Epic Fail

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Atoll, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Atoll

Atoll Warlord

Played as Babylon (v1.11, viceroy, normal speed) and everything seemed to be fine. I was first to discover Writing and Monarchy, then finished Oracle and got Code of Laws. My Babylon was already №1 in both culture and population, so i just sat and waited for victory. As always, Shushan flipped to me and was ordered to produce additional archers for Babylon...

Then, suddenly (well, not so suddenly actually...) Persia spawned and declared war on me. Bad news, but i was prepared: right after discovering Monarchy, science was set to 0% and all the money and GPT were spent on mercenaries. Thus, my army was also relatively strong (8-10 units). As always, treacherous Shushanians decided to join Persia, and i decided to let them go (otherwise my troops would start to run away). And right after this:

Babilu (Babylonian) was captured by the Persian Shahdom!!! :eek::eek::eek:

The most unexpected and humiliating of all my defeats. I didn't even collapsed (that would be more or less acceptable), my well-fortified capital just flipped to Persia with no reason! How and why would this happen???

PS thus, as i understand it, i can not let Shushan go (lead to immediate defeat) neither keep it (lead to defeat anyway, since my army, even being located in Babylon, will still desert). If this thing was hardcoded, imho it's a great mistake. This is simply illogical and unhistorical, and for the next time, human player will easily avoid this trap (you just have to destroy this damned Shushan as soon as it flipped to you).

2. mrrandomplayer

mrrandomplayer Potentially back

Just build a Chariot, build two roads on hills to Parsa, when Persia spawns, wait till they move all of their units out of their capital on the second turn, then just swoop in and kill the one worker/settler they leave behind.

3. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Sounds cheesy, which two hills?:rolleyes:

4. mrrandomplayer

This screenshot from my Babylon AAR in my signature best shows the exploit.

My Babylon AAR, while being quite outdated, still might help you out.

5. Atoll

Atoll Warlord

Interesting idea... a bit vile, but interesting :lol:. I'm going to try it. But why build a chariot? Player can hire 2-3 of mercenary chariots for this dirty work, to be 100% sure.

PS I see you founded Ashur instead of Babylon. Doesn't this lead to automatic defeat (your UHV tied to certain tile of Babylon, and not this Ashur)?

6. Chep

Chep Emperor

not in the SVN-version, there are no more mercenaries there.
    (also it seemed a bit overpowered, I had one game with Babylon where I just got 2-3 chariots and killed every other civ with them, since they only had warriors at that time^^)

7. mrrandomplayer

I don't ever play for UHV. It's much harder to pull off in SVN, but still doable.

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

The capital protection didn't work for humans, I've just fixed it.