Han Dynasty vs Egyptian New Kingdom Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobayashi

Deity
Thats right they are both the superpowers of the ancient times!It is East vs West! Which Empire has a more powerful military ? About scientific achievements,the Egyptian New Kingdom Dynasties definitely surpassed the Han's from inventing solar calendar, glass making and papyrus paper (well that was 4000 BC). Now which empire do you think was more powerful and prosperous?

In my opinion, it should be Egyptian Dynasty. One of the greatest leaders of the time was Tuthmosis III (a great pharoh of the 18th Dynasty). Through the rest of his reign, Tuthmosis III engaged seventeen campaigns and won every one of them. Because of his undefeated record, Tuthmosis III is often referred to as “The Napoleon of Egypt”. Some of his biggest victories came against the Mitannian empire. He captured and gained control of many Mitannian territories, which expanded his power over Syria, northern Palestine and Phoenicia.

They defeated the Hittites which were extremely powerful, highly mobile, and had experienced success in mastering the heavy three man chariot. The Hittites (located in modern day turkey-whatever it is so hard to spell) posed a powerful threat to the Egyptian people and challenged their combat forces, but they were no match to the strategic power of the the Ramesses pharohs. Ramses II's army consisted of 4 divisions, Amun, Re, Ptah and Set and smashed the Hittite army led by Muwatallish. Don't forgot that Egyptian chariots were the most powerful at that time using light mobile chariots, tightly packed spearmen backed by numerous bowmen.

I am not doing a fair comparison here, since the Egyptian New Dynasty period was about a millenium before the Han. But by then they had already constructed the Great Pyramids.

Originally posted by kobayashi
Thats right they are both the superpowers of the ancient times!It is East vs West! Which Empire has a more powerful military ? About scientific achievements,the Egyptian New Kingdom Dynasties definitely surpassed the Han's from inventing solar calendar, glass making and papyrus paper (well that was 4000 BC). Now which empire do you think was more powerful and prosperous?
China. On size of territory and population alone.

But technologically, China only really began to get going during the Tang/Song dynasties 1000 yrs later though. :p

They defeated the Hittites which were extremely powerful, highly mobile, and had experienced success in mastering the heavy three man chariot. The Hittites (located in modern day turkey-whatever it is so hard to spell) posed a powerful threat to the Egyptian people and challenged their combat forces, but they were no match to the strategic power of the the Ramesses pharohs. Ramses II's army consisted of 4 divisions, Amun, Re, Ptah and Set and smashed the Hittite army led by Muwatallish. Don't forgot that Egyptian chariots were the most powerful at that time using light mobile chariots, tightly packed spearmen backed by numerous bowmen.
But I thought the Hittites defeated the Eygptian army of Ramesses at Kadesh? However Ramesses rewrote history and boasted that it was he who won. :rolleyes: Maybe I got the wrong Ramesses mixed up.

I am not doing a fair comparison here, since the Egyptian New Dynasty period was about a millenium before the Han. But by then they had already constructed the Great Pyramids. [/B]
Yes, the Pyramids are indeed a great achievement. Try doing it when you are bordering on the most powerful and mobile barbaric horsemen raiders on the planet. :p

Hye, I'm just posting this as a jab at...

Thats right they are both the superpowers of the ancient times!It is East vs West!
Which Empire has a more powerful military ?About scientific achievements,Han Dynasty definitely surpassed Roman's from inventing papers,porcelain and the world's first wheelbarrow world first compass and the first simple seismograph.Now which empire do you think was more powerful and prosperous?

In my opinion, it should be Han Dynasty ,the Han Empire expands to korea,south vietnam, and modern day turkhestan(whatever it is so hard to spell).They defeated the Hsiung-nu which were extremely powerful, highly mobile, and had experienced success in mastering the defense of Asiatic bows, and horsemanship.The Hsiung-nu posed a powerful threat to the empire of Wu-ti and challenged his combat forces, but the Hsiung-nu seemed to be no match to the strategic power of Wu-ti(Han Dynasty greatest emperor). His calvary consisted of anywhere from fifty to one hundred thousand soldiers with a large infantry and supply columns. Dont forgot that Chinese cavalry was the most powerful at that time using Fergana horses

I am doing a fair comparison here,both empire existed at the same time

Didn't you even notice the similarity. I thought it was a work of art. No need to go through it with a fine toothed comb.

Ah, it's that guy again. Now I see. :crazyeyes

You shld have put in more similies. Kind of miss the sarcasm after the first paragraph. :p

Great job you are trying to make fun of me!I did laughed you know ,successful job!

I came in peace,can we in anyway solve this unpleasant misunderstanding?

The East vs West thing is wrong ,since when Egypt was a western country?

"I am not doing a fair comparison here, since the Egyptian New Dynasty period was about a millenium before the Han. But by then they had already constructed the Great Pyramids."

Sorry,but do you know which "object" on Earth that only can be seen from space?It is none other than "THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA".

"Sorry,but do you know which "object" on Earth that only can be seen from space?It is none other than "THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA"."

LOL. This myth had been refuted years ago.

And as for Egypt being 'Western,' well, nearly all of the pioneers of Egypt's greatness were Indo-Europeans. Egypt thousands of years ago looked nothing like Egypt does now, same with Greece and Southern Italy.

Originally posted by Der_Sturmer
"Sorry,but do you know which "object" on Earth that only can be seen from space?It is none other than "THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA"."

LOL. This myth had been refuted years ago.

And as for Egypt being 'Western,' well, nearly all of the pioneers of Egypt's greatness were Indo-Europeans. Egypt thousands of years ago looked nothing like Egypt does now, same with Greece and Southern Italy.

Egypt was a part pf the westerm world till the arrive of the arabs.
But the population of these days is almost identical as the population that Egypt used to have 5 thousands years ago.
Specially in the countryside, you just have to look at the papyrus to see the similarities with the present population.

I am not accusing you, but what you said is very similar to what many sick nazi history revisionists claim, that all the big civilizations of antiquity were created by indo-europeans and that those civilizations entered in decline when they mixed with the local population.

And it is dangerous and kinf of offensive, and i would recommend you to not say that kinf of things here.

What do you understand as indo-european?
As nordic-germanic, or caucasian?

This and the Han thread just spawned a new rule:

No "vs" threads.

None.
Nada.
Verboten.

You can talk about the merits and orgins of various civilizations, but no more "us vs them" threads.

Also, "indo-European" is a term used by antropologists for decades, and has no connotations to Nazism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom