[C3C] Hang during movies in victory screen sequence

vorlon_mi

Emperor
Running the Steam version of C3C on Windows 10; 95% of the time, the game runs just fine.

As I finished launching my spaceship the other night, the movie played fine. I got through the gloating, the replay, and the score screen. When the warrior hit his hammer to show how I would be remembered, I got a result ... and an endless spinning circle, as Windows waited for C3C to respond. Clicking anywhere brought up a system dialog box, "End the program, or keep waiting?" I tried waiting. I tried exiting, restarting C3C and loading my save file again. Same lockup, at the same place.

Normally I would just start the next game, but because of where it died, the game didn't log this score in my personal HoF, which is frustrating.

A handful of other times, I've noticed the endless spinning circle when playing cut scenes / videos and I try to click past them.

Are there any steps to address video issues, using this really old player on Win10? Has anyone else seen this?
I'm planning to try to set the compatibility mode on the executable for the video player, but I'm open to other ideas.

I get this kind of crash from time to time on Win8 as well, and for me it can happen at any point after closing the "You Win!!!" pop-up.

The problem seems to be connected to moving through the victory-screen(s) by mouse-clicking on the "X" icon in the lower-right corner. If I hit Escape to exit each screen instead, the crash doesn't seem to happen (or at least, not as often).

So you could try that? If you still have the last autosave for this game, you may still be able to salvage/record this win for your HoF.

Sorry for the delay in posting ... it worked! Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom