1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Happiness - Not a complaint. Just a Question.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Im_An_Eejit, May 24, 2011.

1. Im_An_Eejit

Im_An_Eejit Chieftain

So here it is, basically in my games i often see minor changes in my happiness - fluctuating from turn to turn, with no immediate changes occuring - can anyone provide a list of factors affecting happiness.
    I know of resources, buildings, occupations, social policies, population.
    Actually, don't fully understand the population one's mechanics.
    But basically can anyone point out any other factors - and explain the programming (not sure if that's the appropriate word) behind populations' role?
    Cheers.

2. vexing

vexing knows

2 unhappiness per city base, 1 unhappiness per citizen base.
    if you hover over the happiness on top, it will list a detailed breakdown of happiness/unhappiness.

3. Rex_Mundi

Rex_Mundi Prince

The innitial Freedom policy will give you happiness based on how many specilists you have. The city governors may change that from turn to turn, especially if you are near 0 happiness.
    When your empire is unhappy you get less benefit of food, so the govenor will emphasise non-food tiles or specilists.

4. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Yeah, generally minor fluctuations are going to be due to a change in your population, as per what vexing posted.

Note though that it's different for Gandhi!